Mikes 94 convertible build thread

Armybarlow

Mike - I'm still likely headed to Budget Wrench on Sunday and can bring that HUD.

That will work out great! What time were you thinking and are you talking about the Bolton or Austin pick and pull?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Armybarlow

• ManicMechanic

• 94 olds vert

• l67ss

Belton. Likely get there between noon and one, depends on how late I get up. I usually spend a few hours there (I flirt with the chubby blonde and the chubby goth chicks if they are there because they will usually give me a better deal, bought a set of pedals from a Chevy truck for $20 when she was supposed to charge me around $60. :lol:) and do need a few things.

Mike - I'll probably be in the GM truck section. Tall skinny redhead with long hair and glasses. You'll likely pick out my van in the lot, a green Olds Silhouette with CSC 5 spokes. :lol:

If you are still looking for any parts, I found a red 94 vert (complete car) at my local boneyard yesterday. I am taking some parts for my all original 93, but if you need me to pull any parts, let me know. I am going back next week.

If you are still looking for any parts, I found a red 94 vert (complete car) at my local boneyard yesterday. I am taking some parts for my all original 93, but if you need me to pull any parts, let me know. I am going back next week.

A-pillar and windsheild header seals any good?

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

Got a few hours free today to work on the project. I removed all the bump strips, emblems, front bumper. And ground effects. Also mounted the trunk and started to adjust it. Hopefully by next week, I will have all the bodywork done and sprayed in 2k primer. Then block the car down after that and prep for the base coat. Going to paint a 2 two scheme on it.

post-8049-143689141453_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Mike - I don't know if you know it but a girl at WAP also has a 1994 convertible. Angie - cute chubby hispanic girl. She's also a dear sweet friend of mine and will give good deals on parts.

The interior is in very good shape. The only problems is that the stitching on the drivers seat has come undone as most seem to. I am going to take it to my upholstery guy and get it stitched up better then new. Also the visors are in really crappy shape. I paid a member on here for a set almost 2 months ago and it seems like I am getting the run around about it. Now he is not even answering my messages.

I still need a dual outlet rear bumper with out chrome moulding. I already have the steel backer, but need the cover. I bought a single outlet before I even seen the car. Thats about the only thing I am needing before I start on the paint work. Thanks for the HUD parts. I really appreciated it.

Mike - I don't know if you know it but a girl at WAP also has a 1994 convertible. Angie - cute chubby hispanic girl. She's also a dear sweet friend of mine and will give good deals on parts.

You're welcome Mike.

I didn't look at the bumper on that Dark Teal/white/white car that had been rolled but it's probably tore up.

Shouldn't be hard to find, 1992-96 will be the same with the cutouts.

The interior is in very good shape. The only problems is that the stitching on the drivers seat has come undone as most seem to. I am going to take it to my upholstery guy and get it stitched up better then new. Also the visors are in really crappy shape. I paid a member on here for a set almost 2 months ago and it seems like I am getting the run around about it. Now he is not even answering my messages.

Who was it?

Lil bit of clarification. He sent me a total of $15 for the visors , shipping alone ended up being $16.35, which was my bad. Thats why i appologized and told him that it was gonna be a lil while before i was gonna be able to get them to him. Not only was i gonna eat the shipping cost, i was gonna issue a complete refund=total cost to me about $50. Now that he has onow accused me of burning him, 1 of 2 things will happen, he can wait till i have the cash to refund him, or he can send me the money for shipping. I dont appreciate being called a liar or a thief. Of he sends the shipping upload the ship label for proof.

L67ss. I have all messages from here and also text messages all giving me a run a round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This has been going on for 2 months now and for the past week and a half, I have not got any response from you although I see that you have been online. I have been promised a few times that they were getting shipped and never once have you asked me for any extra shipping costs. WHAT WOULD ANY PERSON ASSUME AFTER 2 MONTHS OF GETTING TOLD IT WOULD BE SHIPPED? You should of never told me to send you $15 if you were not going to stick to the deal. I recall in the first few messages that send me $15 and I will ship them for you and all.

post-8049-143689145287_thumb.jpg

Lil bit of clarification. He sent me a total of $15 for the visors , shipping alone ended up being $16.35, which was my bad. Thats why i appologized and told him that it was gonna be a lil while before i was gonna be able to get them to him. Not only was i gonna eat the shipping cost, i was gonna issue a complete refund=total cost to me about $50. Now that he has onow accused me of burning him, 1 of 2 things will happen, he can wait till i have the cash to refund him, or he can send me the money for shipping. I dont appreciate being called a liar or a thief. Of he sends the shipping upload the ship label for proof.

post-8049-143689145284_thumb.jpg

You might be able to do the dual cutout yourself. But both would be squared to make things as neat as possible unless you have really steady hand cutting into the bumper.

I had an idea to tape piece of string to the bottom edge from the corner of the rear wheel well to the other side.

Black sharpie the area already cutout for single outlet.

Remove the string and measure the distance from the factory cutout to the rear wheel well corner and the duplicate it for the other side.

Retape string back up and measure from the center of the factory cutout down to the string

From these measurements you should be able to create a stencil to trace the cut line with a protractor if you want circular outlets.

Or just stick some elbow bends on it and have it exiting behind the back wheels:thumbsup:

i have thought about that. But I wanna keep the body as clean and original as I can. I could cut out some templates with no problem and also have a steady hand.

You might be able to do the dual cutout yourself. But both would be squared to make things as neat as possible unless you have really steady hand cutting into the bumper.

I had an idea to tape piece of string to the bottom edge from the corner of the rear wheel well to the other side.

Black sharpie the area already cutout for single outlet.

Remove the string and measure the distance from the factory cutout to the rear wheel well corner and the duplicate it for the other side.

Retape string back up and measure from the center of the factory cutout down to the string

From these measurements you should be able to create a stencil to trace the cut line with a protractor if you want circular outlets.

Or just stick some elbow bends on it and have it exiting behind the back wheels:thumbsup: