Mikes 94 convertible build thread

Armybarlow

Not to sure if this is the correct place to place this thread. But I wanted to share my journey on the restoration of the vert I picked up in April off of this forum. I actually called the guy back in early December and spoke with him on the phone and he held it for me unto I was able tools it up that way from Tx to IL The car has 149,000 miles, lq1, HUD, leather in great condition excluding the driver seat which needs to be restitched on the top. Also came with the original floor mats and boot. It was a real bargain for $500. The guy was selling it because the top was needing replaced and also the passenger rear got hit during a road rage incident on the freeway. So here are some pics, I will update the progress in the next thread. I just started working on it yesterday.

post-8049-143689136578_thumb.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Armybarlow

• ManicMechanic

• 94 olds vert

• l67ss

I remember when this car came up sale. I really wanted to buy it. I just couldn't get down there to get. I hope you are able to fix it up!

I just found a teal 94 vert at the local pick and pull. I am cutting out the quarter panel tomorrow morning and also pulling out all the vert specific parts for spares. They only want 90 for the deck lid and quarter panel. I will be posting a detailed post on how to replace the panel seeing I could not find one.

Very cool. How was the drive home?

I have been to Copperas Cove. My wife's family has a couple places in / near Comanche.

the drive was good. I went to mi first to pick up a supercharged 3800. My brother had pulled it out of a 2000 gp that was totaled and gave it to me along with engine harness and cables out of a 98 monte z34.

But pulling it back on my car hauler was a breeze seeing I used my diesel f350.

I just found a teal 94 vert at the local pick and pull. I am cutting out the quarter panel tomorrow morning and also pulling out all the vert specific parts for spares. They only want 90 for the deck lid and quarter panel. I will be posting a detailed post on how to replace the panel seeing I could not find one.

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

You're going to put the 3800 in the vert? Nice! Good luck with the project, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread!

If you can grab the serial number off of that vert in the junkyard there's people here that would be interested in knowing that...

Is that at Wrench-A-Part? I'm in Austin and have owned 3 of these cars.

You're going to put the 3800 in the vert? Nice! Good luck with the project, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread!

If you can grab the serial number off of that vert in the junkyard there's people here that would be interested in knowing that...

I know the swap has been done before, but I am going to be doing a write up on the swap, QP replacement, and also top replacement.

I will grab that vin tomorrow morning when I am out there cutting my QP out.

Is that at Wrench-A-Part? I'm in Austin and have owned 3 of these cars.

Its at the pick and pull in Belton. I have mostly stripped it of any hard to find vert specific parts. If u were looking for something, I could let you know in advance. You still own one?

There's a serial number thread where we try to track down as many of these cars as possible which gives us an indication of how many are gone/still running. Since you said you got this car from a forum member it's probably already accounted for...

Its at the pick and pull in Belton. I have mostly stripped it of any hard to find vert specific parts. If u were looking for something, I could let you know in advance. You still own one?

Not anymore. There have been 3 convertibles in the past 8 months at the Austin yard as a girl that works there has a blue 1994. I can let you know if any more come in.

Not anymore. There have been 3 convertibles in the past 8 months at the Austin yard as a girl that works there has a blue 1994. I can let you know if any more come in.

For sure. That would be greatly appreciated as I will always be looking for spare parts. I plan on keeping the car a long time. Had one back in 2000 as a teen and regretted getting rid of it ever since. Would like to find a 95 triple black. Chances are very slim on that.

I hate to jump on this thread but is there anyway you could get a door check for the drivers door while you are out there I will be glad to pay you for your time we don't have any junk yards around me at all.

I hate to jump on this thread but is there anyway you could get a door check for the drivers door while you are out there I will be glad to pay you for your time we don't have any junk yards around me at all.

I have already left the junkyard. But if I recall, the door was in good consition. I did take a picture of that side. But would have to go back and check to be sure. What area are you located?

post-8049-143689136649_thumb.jpg

There's a serial number thread where we try to track down as many of these cars as possible which gives us an indication of how many are gone/still running. Since you said you got this car from a forum member it's probably already accounted for...

Here is the vin for the vert in the boneyard.

post-8049-143689136662_thumb.jpg

I am in Mississippi

I am heading there again tomorrow and will get better pics. But I think the shipping would be killer on that door assuming they are pretty heavy and bulky. How would you plan on getting it?