• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mach 5

• intern8tion9l

• RobertISaar

• 94GPGTP

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really have no idea to be honest. I have a ton of receipts in a folder and thats about as far as Ive gotten with it. Im going to say between the engine- $3500, trans- $1300, and the turbo $1400 thats including anything else and is just a roundabout figure of $6200 and there is plenty more to go.

I know Ive been saying this for a while but machining of the motor will be done by the end of the week so if everything goes well I will have this thing up and running by the middle of next week that is if everything Ive ordered comes in as it should.

quick question- Does the starter from the 89 grand prix auto trans work with the flywheel of the 284's?

thanks

-Jarek

I got the motor earlier today and I got about 90% left to go before I can start messing with the valve train. I should have this done on july 4. All I got left for the bottom end is pretty much the oil pump- got to weld the oil pickup tube, oil cooler lines, pan, and timing cover then Ill start messing with adjusting the valve train.

post-2511-143689047814_thumb.jpg

post-2511-143689047832_thumb.jpg

post-2511-143689047848_thumb.jpg

she runs so far Ive gotten about 150miles on the motor. Im very happy with it. Im going to have to get a video up soon.

-Jarek

post-2511-143689048243_thumb.jpg

post-2511-143689048255_thumb.jpg

post-2511-143689048267_thumb.jpg

post-2511-143689048281_thumb.jpg

thanks for the comments. I should have a video up tonight although its not working right trying to upload it.

yeah I could do an LI meet... When are you generally free?

actually there is no time i'm generally free. i'm 50/50 pretty much every day and always subject to change at any moment. only annoying thing about my job; but i'm down for whenever!

• 2 weeks later...

thanks!

anyone have any idea on where to get a bigger throttle body for the flat top 3.1L's. Ive been looking w/ no success.

-Jarek

flat top 3.1? you mean an LH0? it says 3.1 multi port fuel injection on it?

a bigger TB won't give you much, the heads and intake are your biggest restrictions.

well its an LH0 LG5 conversion motor fully built ported heads and intake I just wanted something a little bigger than the stock 52mm. Its fine but Im just looking to see whats out there. I know MRZ had one a while back but I cant seem to find it on their website anymore

either talk to ben(sappyse107) on 60V6, or contact/email wot-tech directly, either method will get you the info/parts you're looking for, if they still exist.

well I disassembled the trans on the pontiac and the trans and the diff are ok. apparently the extension housing bearing failed which caused the shaft to pop out of the differential. so its overall a good thing and not a major failure more of a wear problem that probably existed beforehand.