Kuntzie's 01 Turbo GT 5-speed thread----- pg 10 extra special sunday delivery!

kuntzie

Can you explain to me your clutch hydros? What exactly did you do to eliminate the big canister that attaches between the master and slave cylinder, and what did that change as far as operation goes? I would like to use stainless line with my oem cylinders like you did, as my Eldorado will need a few extra inches. It looks great!

Steve

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kuntzie

• GOT2B GM

• w-bodys_are_the_best

• White93z34

the one pictured is out of my TGP, i used it for comparison sake. Skalor / Josh on here made it, the end fittings were braised and adapted for the Braided line.. the pedal feel is firmer the stock.

a local company here added the fitting and braised mine, for $25. the fittings that are in the clutch and slave cannot be bought

So did the adjustable master rod work out for you?

I called my cousin today, he's working today but I should be able to get the oil filter adapter welded up tomorrow for you.

ya it worked.

bled the clutch today, was a bitch and a half to do but shes done, this will be my last update before videos/ finished pics.

all thats left now

pass axle

oil filter adapter (waitng on matt)

above is 20 mins of work

install pcm (in mail, here tomorrow- intregrated 5-spped into my former custom tune)

install turbo (pcm is under turbo so i just left it out to make things easier)

thats like 10 minutes of work

reverse lights

i dont know how long this will take but i dont think it will be long, just tring to find the diagrams... its only 2 wires to the sensor so it should be simple enough.

buy and install rubber pieces for the pedals

and shes done (minus a cleaning)

as it sits...

CIMG0752.jpg

CIMG0753.jpg

CIMG0754.jpg

CIMG0755.jpg

CIMG0756.jpg

CIMG0757.jpg

CIMG0758.jpg

The sensor is just a switched ground IIRC if its the same as a 282. I had to replace the reverse light switch in the Fiero last year, got one from a late 80's Z24.

• 2 weeks later...

car is done and driving!

ps please disregard the lack of BOV.. getting a new one tomorrow.

CIMG0785.jpg

CIMG0787.jpg

CIMG0791.jpg

CIMG0792.jpg

CIMG0793.jpg

CIMG0800.jpg

CIMG0801.jpg

CIMG0803.jpg

big.jpg

CIMG0789.jpg

CIMG0790.jpg

CIMG0795.jpg

Back at home. where all the magic happenned !

CIMG0806.jpg

Wow looked like a heck of a swap. LOL at no BOV, what happens if you get into a little boost.

the bov hole is blocked off so it will make boost.. the flange is too small for my new BOV so im getting a new one put on..

VIDEO!

the only 2 videos you will get for now.. as you can see i have no speedo (its works just not accurate, so unplugged)

exhaust cutout...

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/kuntzie_86/?action=view&current=CIMG0799.flv

really shitty, short, driving video... try and shift, hold a camera, and steer all at the same time... not fun or making it asy to concintrate

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/kuntzie_86/?action=view&current=CIMG0784.flv

really shitty, short, driving video... try and shift, hold a camera, and steer all at the same time... not fun or making it easy to do anything

LOL that reminded me of the time my door quit latching on the geo and i had to drive, steer, shift and hold the door shut not easy

as you can see i have no speedo (its works just not accurate, so unplugged)

must be a different signal coming from the getrag 284 speed sensor

ya the pulse readings are way different.. the speedo wiil max out before im even going 20mph if i had it pluged in,

the pcm is goverened at 300km/hr and like 50km/hr the computer is thinking its at 300, so i cant really drive it like that, so its unplugged till i get to toronto for dyno tuning

I can look through my FSM for the 91, but I'm not sure if it would list that somewhere in the electrical/specifications. What do you need, pulses per minute or second or something?

did the guy come and tow it to the shop today Jeff?

i told him to hold off till tomorrow.. 9am

anyways.. looking at my tgp .bin file the only vss or speed sensor file i could find was

instrument panel VSS pulse divisor with 128 as the number..

(adjustable from 0-255

i also got

24015.64 pulses per mile for "road speed constant"

(this number is adjustable from 112 ppm to 1797693134862315700000000000000000000000000000000 ppm)

so im going to go with the 2nd one is the right one (for 245/50/16 tires which are smaller then what im running but at least it will get it close for now)

more videos! keep in mind.. there is no BOV on the car and the boost ga. is not seeing any boost. (there is an open hole on the pipe) anyways, apparently the rolling of my fenders wernt good enough on the passenger dise and with someone sitting in the back it was scraping... decent videos i guess to show it actually running for all the people wondering how smooth it runs... id say its top notch (minus speedo)

there are no full throttle runs or anything like that, but still cool enough to show i think.

enjoy?

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/kuntzie_86/?action=view&current=CIMG0808.flv

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/kuntzie_86/?action=view&current=CIMG0809.flv

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/kuntzie_86/?action=view&current=CIMG0810.flv

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/kuntzie_86/?action=view&current=CIMG0811.flv