New to me 1993 Lumina Euro Coupe [pic heavy]

caltemus

I'm Charlie, 18, and I recently bought a 1993 Euro Coupe for 500 dollars. It has 120,000 miles on it and the engine was replaced at 60k due to a spun bearing. Other than the interior being a bit worn the car is in pretty good shape and I like to think that I got a good deal. I usually lurk on forums due to laziness more than anything but the car has a bunch of little things that could use fixing so I'll probably be around here a bunch.

The car:

B7Ca9Hvl.jpg

VB09Qdfl.jpg

cYfNszEl.jpg

PvqrLMtl.jpg

Those are thumbnails btw, linked to higher res versions. There are all sorts of fun things that require special handling to function, but that's to be expected with a car this cheap. To open the passenger door you have to push on the lock a little and put downward pressure on the handle. The turn signal stalk needs to be finagled the right way or the turn signals just come on instead of flashing. The parking break is sorta dangling useless both inside and underneath the car. There is a vaccuum hose that is dry rotted going to the cruize control. Speaking of dry rot all four tires are shot, but the 200-mile-old tires from my previous car (2001 Subaru Outback wagon) fit, so that shouldnt be too much of a problem. Other than the udder lack of cup holders, are there any model/platform specific quirks I should know about?

P.S. I wasn't sure whether to post this in General, Members Rides, or here; please move if I chose wrong.

Edited by caltemus

you can adjust the handle. as for the price you paid, you got a similar price that I got my black TGP for, so didn't overpay. good job.

Door handle can be adjusted and the turn signals are a pretty easy fix my vert did the same thing. I'd link you the thread but I'm on mobile

For $500 I'd say you got a damn good deal

Welcome to the forum

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2