Engine sticking @ 1500 RPM's . . . .

Breakdown

Drive itt here, OBD2 swap, trans install, and tune.

problem solved.

Otherwise, no itt wont work due to gearing, fuel calculations will be goobered up a bit with incorrect trans ratio

Even if you swapped the diff?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobertISaar

• Breakdown

• xtremerevolution

• Crazy K

I THINK.... if you swap the diff, you can swap the reluctor ring at the same time... since it it PART of the diff. everything else is the same, and if the nss must be changed that it easy as it is external.

Can someone here please confirm exactly what he would have to do in order to use my transmission? So far I'm hearing differential swap to get the same gearing back (which should be easy), and what else?

Can someone here please confirm exactly what he would have to do in order to use my transmission? So far I'm hearing differential swap to get the same gearing back (which should be easy), and what else?

that should be it. although I would do a physical plug comparison. are both gray plugs, for instance?

Rich, any verification on this? Can you take a picture? I'll let you know if it looks like mine. Swapping the differential should be easy.

Where exactly am I looking for this plug? Please keep in mind that I'm a complete novice or worse.

Also bolt-up pattern will that be the same for the 3100??

Where exactly am I looking for this plug? Please keep in mind that I'm a complete novice or worse.

Also bolt-up pattern will that be the same for the 3100??

Unerneath your intake there's a plug that goes into the transmission with wires. There's only one. It should be round.

Unerneath your intake there's a plug that goes into the transmission with wires. There's only one. It should be round.

I'll try and have a look, as stated earlier when it comes to powertrain issues I have no idea WTF I'm doing.

I'm not finding many better options. I wish Bob could connect this up to his Cutlass and see if it would work - but I realize that's NOT at all a reasonable request.

Bob's Cutlass (provided it's original) should have the exact same transmission everything. His car is the only other direct swap for AMY, and therefore same plug.