New suspension time

slick

Then 2g is the way to go. Adjustable from the factory??

yes...you can adjust camber and toe.

Im not sure if all of them are adjustable from the factory though. Some of the GPs I looked at in the yard were not the adjustable ones. IIRC they only came on the "sportier" models (GTPs ect....) but I could be wrong.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slick

• AWeb80

• Crazy K

• GOT2B GM

Top Posters In This Topic

BMR also sells adjustable lateral links. Both the front and rear can adjust. I think just the rear can adjust on stock 2g's. They're pricey but they're probably the best quality out there. 1.25" (stock 2g's are 3/4") and have greaseable poly bushings.

I wouldn't recommend the GMPP trailing arms either. My car has the GMPP tubular arms when I bought it. Not sure when they were installed but the rubber bushings are rotting out. I'd get something with poly

One thing I just learned about coilover's being noisy is that the position of the spring can make it noisy. I put my car up on the lift at work awhile back when changing the oil and when I put it back down and drove it out one of the coilovers was making a ton noise. It didn't look out of place or anything that I could see, but I put it back up and turned it around 180 degrees. Noise was gone. It must have moved a little when it decompressed, but you couldn't tell at all visually.

The noise issue is why I'm really leaning towards the Intrax/KYB route. I don't have access to a lift to make minor adjustments like this, and any noise would drive me insane.

I suppose I should speak up, lol. I haven't been around lately due to the GTP being off the road now...

There was next to no noise when the held kits were new. Now however I do get quite a bit of noise now. All I think it would need is to add isolators between the mounts and the spring (top and bottom) The only noise I am getting out of the ass end (as of the time I took the car off the road) was the Addco bar rubbing somewhere and my wide ass 255 tires rubbing. The 255's are going to need the fender rolled, then they should be good. I don't know what they would need up front as I have yet to try putting them on the front.

The Held Lateral links and trailing arms include Poly bushings and the provisions for grease fittings. Mine didn't include grease fittings, I just got them at carquest for $10 :willynilly: Lee does have the tooling to make the adjustable lateral links and his price is (or at least was when I got mine) WAY better than the BMR price.

Jamie

So, I'm pretty sure I'm going to shoot for Eibach's or Intrax's with the KYB's in the front. Rear, haven't quite decided yet. I don't want the squeaky coilovers, so I guess my only choice is a leafspring. Both companies still making them, correct?

Slick, you can make your OWN coilovers

you don't need the alum mount FFP had....you can use a regular one...from KYB or whatever....ask Josh and Paul. They each built their own.

Mine are FFP's and I don't have a problem. And I love the ride.

.........just some info.....

Yeah, I realize that. Probably more work than I want to put into it though.

I will probably just break down and get the Eibach's, and make something out of the rear springs, since they won't be usable. They will give me the drop I desire, the better performance over the Intrax, and the progressive-rate for a smoother ride.

Ok, here is my parts list, for Rock Auto. I can't find the right wheel bearing/hub assembly, or atleast one that is correct. Is the Timken 513044 correct for my car, ABS equipped, or is another one correct? Any changes I should make, or anything I'm missing?

Ball Joint x2

SPICER Part # 5051148 {Professional Grade}Front Suspension; Lower

$33.79 each

Front Strut x2

KYB Part # 366004 {GR-2; Suspension Strut Assembly}FWD; with Standard SuspensionFWD; with Heavy Duty Suspension

$35.99 each

Rear Strut x2

KYB Part # 236003 {GR-2; Suspension Strut Assembly}FWD; with Standard SuspensionFWD; with Heavy Duty Suspension

$45.79 each

Rear Mount and boot x2

KYB Part # SM5277 {Suspension Strut Mounting Kit}Sedan; Rear

$33.79 each

Front Strut Bearing x2

SPICER Part # 5151009 {Professional Grade}Front

$26.89 each

Front Strut Mount x2

KYB Part # SM5030 {Suspension Strut Mount}FWD; with Heavy Duty Suspension; Front

* Non-stock item--shipping delayed up to 2 business days

$27.89 each

Front Bearing Plate

MONROE Part # 902994 {STRUT-MATE BEARING PLATE}FRONT LEFT; FWD; Lower Spring Seat & Bearing

$22.99 each

MONROE Part # 902995 {STRUT-MATE BEARING PLATE}FRONT RIGHT; FWD; Lower Spring Seat & Bearing

$22.99 each

Outer Tie Rod End x2

SPICER Part # 4011457 {Professional Grade}Outer

$26.79 each.

Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings (They come with the new mounts, correct?)

Front inner: 9.5173

Front outer: 9.5159

or

The moog bushings that Brian mentioned in the 34mm upgrade thread. Waiting to hear a response from Brian on this.

I got a quote today from a powder coating place, about 20 minutes from here.

$150 + prep, he will powder coat:

-Left and right front control arms

-Left and right spring mounts/knuckle's

-Front sway bar

-Rear sway bar and brackets

Obviously I'm going to do it.

WOW great deal! Looks like a great list Chris.

I need a spring isolator for the bottom of my spring, Michael at FFP put my C/O's together without anything between the spring and the bottom mount, thats my squeak! Anyone have a PN?

I spoke with Chris...

I am supplying him with a 3.4 front bar, and bringing him FUX coded large brake front struts.

recommended investigating the blue moog bushings instead of the ES ones.

recommended that the bearing plate between the spring and knuckle not be replaced unless actually bad. (they do go bad, but not that often, and he will have two sets to choose from if needed)

Suggested a rear swaybar upgrade, I think we concurred that won't happen until after the rest of the suspension is done.

chris... RSTB? FSTB?

this car still Powermastermalware equipped?

Already have FSTB, Aweb mounts are on the way here for the RSTB.

I will be using Eibach springs in the front, so if anyone wants the FUX springs, shoot me a price.

While I have it all apart, I'm just going to replace it all. I don't want to take it all apart several times to replace something that cheap, if I can avoid it.

Powermaster works and performs flawlessly. All new stuff.

You guys are slacking! If I'm going to take the control arms out, obviously I'm going to need new bushings.

SPICER Part # 5701058 {Professional Grade}

Front Suspension; Lower Front

$7.87

IIRC, I will need 4 of these, correct?

You guys are slacking! If I'm going to take the control arms out, obviously I'm going to need new bushings.

SPICER Part # 5701058 {Professional Grade}

Front Suspension; Lower Front

$7.87

IIRC, I will need 4 of these, correct?

Damn, you shoulda just had me pick you up control arms along with the knuckles. The arms from the same Lumi were clean as hell and the buchings showed no signs of cracking.

You do know you need a press to get those bushings in and out, right???

Damn, you shoulda just had me pick you up control arms along with the knuckles. The arms from the same Lumi were clean as hell and the buchings showed no signs of cracking.

Well... how much will they want for them?