Engine is finished- video of engine will be put up soon-

Mach 5

Thanks guys for the compliments. Brian, its not that bad in that parking lot. Anyway, are we still up for Saturday? Im assuming that Saturday is the better pick.

Jarek

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mach 5

• Brian P

• ismellrealbad

• intern8tion9l

I will be there at about 8:30-9PM in the Applebees parking lot at DPA. I will probably be parked by the McDonalds.

Hope to see ya there!

Jarek

I didn't see anybody there last night but I kinda was expecting that. Anyways, Im starting to think that I want a cammed turbo motor now. I was thinking like a T25, a small intercooler, Prom from a TGP and the map thats needed. I don't know what else I would need :dunno:

I was thinking about pulling the washer bottle, the cruise control, and moving the battery to the trunk for room.

Jarek

Very nice job Mach5 :mrgreen: I was checking out your cardomain page and theres lots of good pics there.

2566538_80_full.jpg

Thats just a bad day in anyones book!

Just wanted to give you compliments on the car, its nice. have you had time to take it to the track yet (just curious!)?

Thanks. No I haven't yet but I do know its faster than stock. 0-60 times are kinda slow but thats because my powerband is from like 3,000- 5,500. It doesn't pull because of the gearing and it running on a rough tune. It pulls hard from (20-40), (55-80), (80+).

Thanks again on the compliment.

Jarek

dude sorry about that....i lost internet at the house for a while and couldn't see if anyone was still headed over there. the way it looked the day before made it seem like nobody was goin. i can't believe it snowed last night! i need to get this car off the road

i'd say the TGP route is the easiest, and def go for it! seriously, one of these days i'll get to show you my setup

Whats the compression on your engine again? EDIT: nvm......

If you guys want, I can meet up with you this spring/summer. My car is kinda put away for the winter now that I have the K5 to drive.

I don't think I will be able to find a TGP anywhere on LI anytime soon so thats not an option. As for the setup that I need, I am going to need help finding everything. I was thinking a turbo off ebay for now until I get a good one. But what turbo and what else do I need? Is the rear manifold like the front one and it all goes through the crossover to the turbo and out? I can make the crossover but does anybody have the dimensions?

Thanks

Jarek

Youll need a rear LOG style manifold, like what is on your car now. It will probably be easier / cheaper for you to make your own x-over to the turbo. Then youll need the turbo downpipe, along with all the coolant / oil lines and everything else that goes with the turbo.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry. Been real busy with the holidays and work. Anyways, I am shooting a video shortly as I now how access to a digital camera. The turbo idea isn't going to happen as I want another car. You all may laugh but I want a 4 cylinder twin overhead cam engine in a car thats of a FR layout. Im thinking either a 1987 Conquest/ Starion or something of the sort. It also going to be a manual as well. Even though the turbo is not going to happen, I am going to be removing any dead weight from the car and getting the most from it, new lightweight bucket seats, and the battery will be in the trunk. The cruise, Keyless entry and stuff of the sort will be removed.

The engine is going to stay the same as it is now. Its been good lately and the performance is decent with that particular cam. But expect some issues as far as stock tuning if you have to drive it like this for a while. Its a little slow and it runs rich. With a tune you should expect about 200 wheel horsepower which is decent.

Stay tuned as the video will be put up this month.

-Jarek