Engine is finished- video of engine will be put up soon-

Mach 5

The engine is done and is running very well. It took about 5-6 hrs to build and about 8hrs to install. It wouldn't start at first because it had no spark. I had found that the crank sensor wire was faulty and had shorted out. After that it started right up and a had it running at about 2-3k for 30 minutes. Changed the oil and took it out for a ride. It runs really good now and Im very happy with especially the fact that I can't hear any more clacking from under the hood. Very pleased!

So now here is my setup since its changed a bit:

- Chevy 3.1

- Stock pistons

- Hastings Rings

- Federal Mogul 3/4 oil groove Bi Metal Crank Bearings

- Clevite Rod Bearings

- 3 angle valve job- new valves, seals, Comp Springs with inner Damper spring removed

- adjustable rocker studs

- Comp Magnum Roller Tipped Rocker Arms

- New Pushrods Stock Length- because of the studs

- 4 inch intake and a 9 inch cone filter

- Comp 260 grind- 473 lift, 212 @.050, adv- 260

--It lopes pretty good with this setup and has good low end torque. As for the upper end, I will find out as soon as the cam is officially broken in.

- The oil I used for Breakin is: -4 quarts 40 weight Rotella T, 1 bottle of Crane Cams Super Lube, 1/2 quart of Lucas Stabilizer

-The rest of the oil changes are: -4 1/2 quarts of Castrol GTX and a tad bit of Marval Mystery Oil.

- Also I used Comp Cams Engine Assembly Lube on the Rocker Arms, Pushrods, Top od the Valves, and on the lifters. This stuff works good.

-The exhaust:

Its a 2 1/2 in. downpipe and intermediate pipe with a flange instead of a donut gasket - now a flex pipe by Vibrant to take up the slack. From that it goes to a 2 1/4 Y-Pipe and 2 1/4 Dual Hooker Aerochambers. The Cat is going to be installed soon. Its a Pacesetter Hi Flow Cat.

With this setup, it rumbles a bit, it is loud inside and is quiet at idle or quieter then when you hit the gas. The deep throaty tone does set off car alarms so I have to watch where I drive. -I set off 3 today on my block and a Honda in the PepBoys parking lot twice.

Links to related topics:

- http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,61277.0.html

- http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,63356.60.html

Besides all this, I have know clue as to what I want to do next. Im so happy with what I have that I don't think I want to change it.

TO BE CONTINUED...- Pics Coming Soon-

Jarek

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mach 5

• Brian P

• ismellrealbad

• intern8tion9l

Awesome man! Can't wait to see the pics. You have my cars (almost) twin :twisted:

The deep throaty tone does set off car alarms so I have to watch where I drive. -I set off 3 today on my block and a Honda in the PepBoys parking lot twice.

That made me LOL :lol:

As for the W-Body meet, when and where are you thinking about having it?

Brian n his 'crew' are always up for stuff like that. They tried help me out a lot just cuz i had a stupid problem one time. after like a weeks notice we met up for that.

Watch out he might drool a lil bit over your setup :lol:. I havent seen them in a while. if you guys meet lemme know. im interested in seing your car too. ill head up there in my mazdapower car lol

will do. I just don't know too many places to go. Now your from Jersey... How far are you willing to drive? I can't go to far probably max, Nassua County if that. I know Farmingdale College has some nice parking lots as they sometimes have a car show there. But thats pretty far away for everyone else. Also Robert Moses would be my second pick.

Any Ideas?

Jarek

will do. I just don't know too many places to go. Now your from Jersey... How far are you willing to drive? I can't go to far probably max, Nassua County if that. I know Farmingdale College has some nice parking lots as they sometimes have a car show there. But thats pretty far away for everyone else. Also Robert Moses would be my second pick.

Any Ideas?

Jarek

I'd say we just hit up a Crapplebees or something along those lines. The meet will be small enough we may as well just get together for food or w/e.

damn i didnt realise how close you guys were. im like an hr n half - 2hrs away with traffic. ive been up there before but dont rememeber exactly where to go. idk i guess if this goes down let me know

What is better for everyone else? since they have to travel. Im about 30mins-45mins away and I get off at around 5- 5:30. so 6:30 should be fine. Im thinking Applebees is a good place. I will have to look up locations.

It would be dark around that time though.

Jarek

im free monday nights, wednesday nights and sunday nights. unfortunately this weekend ill be in NH from sunday till tuesday afternoon cuz me and my friend are making a short trip there. i could care less what the location is

i guess we hijacked this thread but oh well...

ok im not going to nh now....so sun or mon would be great. plus monday is veterans day so maybe all u have off from work? :wink: