91GranSport

well, I dont blame it all on Lutz, and he cant be asked to fix everything, but damn the things coming from the General lately. How about just kill all brands and put GM badges on all vehicles... heck they do it in Canada with Chrysler!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 91GranSport

• GnatGoSplat

• Brian P

• gimp19

Sorry man, during his era, all redesigns are ass, coupes are non-existant, convertibles are non-existant, the F body is gone, Oldsmobile is gone, Buick will soon be gone... the interiors are still crappy. Look inside a Trailblazer or even the fullsize trucks. Cheap, boring, bland color....

Lutz may be a car guy, but he has terrible taste in aesthetics.

All the new GM designs (except the GTO) are hideous.

To understand business is to understand that things take time to implement. The late redesigns, the killing of convertibles and the f-body, the elimination of oldsmobile and/or buick are NOT Bob Lutz decisions. they are from the bureaucratic fools that were there before - the marketing-obsessed brand managing weenies. Lutz is the OPPOSITE of that. The first thing Lutz did when he got there....smacked the upside the head and brought the GTO over here. Bob Lutz will help GM dig itself out of the massive hole it has been in, not make it worse.

On a side note - if they release a regal that looks like that I'll burn my eyes out with cigarette butts.

91GS - I just graduated from college and have been getting organized so I haven't had much time to write alot on the boards - but I'm still around! :D

-T

On a side note - if they release a regal that looks like that I'll burn my eyes out with cigarette butts.

Heh, if the Regal looks like that, it, the GTO, and the Bonneville will be the only half decent looking cars on GM's fleet.

Guest Anonymous
well, I dont blame it all on Lutz, and he cant be asked to fix everything, but damn the things coming from the General lately. How about just kill all brands and put GM badges on all vehicles... heck they do it in Canada with Chrysler!

:withstupid:

Oh no.

Ricky: Hey Billy! Check out my Accord kit for my 05' Regal!

Billy: Tight! Are those 12" tip pipes?

Ricky: Damn right....

tan.jpg

Good to see you around man, I hope you come around more often! It's good to see more Buick Regal owners here! I think your Regal is the most beautiful Regal hear, not including mine. :)

91GS - I just graduated from college and have been getting organized so I haven't had much time to write alot on the boards - but I'm still around! :D

-T

Oh no.

Ricky: Hey Billy! Check out my Accord kit for my 05' Regal!

Billy: Tight! Are those 12" tip pipes?

Ricky: Damn right....

tan.jpg

How many holes in this picture?

i dunno, but that ugly bitch with tits the the size of my thumb can stick her face in those tips and start the car for all im concerned

i'm gonna have to go against the crowd on this one as far as the new Grand Prixs are concerned. my opinion is: i've seen em built and had the pleasure of sitting in one (not driving though unfortunately :( ) and I like what i see so far. true, it would be nice if a few more of the new beefier w-body cars came with a stick in em for the those people that really want it, but i think that GM is just going with the demand. after all, most people are to lazy these days to have to push an extra peddle and move a shift knob a little. and lets not forget the women in particular......dont even get me going on that one.....last time i saw a woman trying to drive a standard car, i think she damn near burnt out the clutch in half in hour.

however, i will agree with you guys on the looks, inside and out on the rest of the w-bodies. speaking as someone who works in a factory that produces the seats for these cars, i must say it doesnt inspire me to go buy one

i think GM is gonna have to pull up their socks and do some major overhauling, the Grand Prix though is a good start

Chevy's messing up big time

040903184341.jpg

How the hell can they make an Impala SS with a V6? Supercharged, yes. But with only what the 3800 s/c comes stock with! (horsepower/torque)

This is getting bad, GM is falling...especially Chevy. My dad is heartbroken over this, an Impala SS is is favorite car.

It may just be a V6, but it's faster than the previous Impala SS.

I like the 94-96 Impala SS better in every way to the new one - looks, size, V8, RWD, etc., but the fact is, the new one has better stock performance!

I don't even want to get into this again. I hate looking at those 2 cars and knowing there's a '97 V6 in there. Nice going!! Gee what would I want a 3.8 SC or an LT1 that can produce over 400 horsepower. And at this rate, cars from every company are getting faster and faster and cars from GM are going nowhere. Maybe when the new 60* V6's come out, and they show the 90 degree obsolete

The current Monte looks great and the Impala SS too. Most old Impala's

were nothing too stare at. I'm coming up on 40 and as my sig. shows I have owned many cars. Stop everyone judging cars thru puke color glasses.

The current lineup is alright as far as appearance.. it's just the new ones they are starting to come out with, i.e. '04 GP, that are starting to not look good.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No kidding, eh? Damn girl, grab something to eat! She needs to stop by some buffet or something like that. Eat more biatch!

i dunno, but that ugly bitch with tits the the size of my thumb can stick her face in those tips and start the car for all im concerned

Hey man, I'm down with that. The '94-'96 Impala SS was a true Impala, not like this W-Body poseur that you see here. The '00+ Impala is a frikking imposter. A wanna-be of a legendary car. I don't care if the new Impala SS with the L67 is faster than the original '94-'96 Impala SS with the LT1 V-8. Give me 8 cylinders, 300lb-ft of torque, rear wheel drive and a massive cabin and then I can call it an Impala SS.

It may just be a V6, but it's faster than the previous Impala SS.

I like the 94-96 Impala SS better in every way to the new one - looks, size, V8, RWD, etc., but the fact is, the new one has better stock performance!

But they could easily go up to 550HP and more. There are more mods available for the LT1 than the LS1/LS6, and they're less expensive too. Also, the 4T65-E/HD on the W-Body can probably only handle up to 300lb-ft of torque.

The LT1 in the 94-96 Impala SS never produced 400HP, they were only 260HP, 330ft-lbs torque.

Ummmm. Okay... :roll:

The current Monte looks great and the Impala SS too. Most old Impala's

were nothing too stare at. I'm coming up on 40 and as my sig. shows I have owned many cars. Stop everyone judging cars thru puke color glasses.

The LT1 in the 94-96 Impala SS never produced 400HP, they were only 260HP, 330ft-lbs torque.

I know, I said "Can produce 400 horsepower"

Yeah, but so what? Off the dealer's lot, it didn't. An L67 can produce 400HP too. A souped up 4-cyl can produce 400HP too.

An "SS" is supposed to be a performance machine bone stock, right off the lot. If they gave cars the SS moniker based on potential HP, every single smallblock V8 equipped Chevy should have been an "SS".

The current Monte looks great and the Impala SS too.

Are Mike and I the only ones that think they look good? Especially the MC SS. I know they're not that fast, but I think they look good. Especially in the yellow, black tintned windows. A kid in town has one, to me one of the nicest looking cars. And on the Impalas, I think they look pretty good, but definetly DON'T deserve the "Imapala" name. As someone reffered to earlier, they need to be RWD, large cab, big V8 engine and such, but they do look pretty good IMO! and mike J's too!