It Finally Happened.. UPDATE #3 - J-Body Hell!!! (pics pg 4)

GP1138

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GP1138

• digitaloutsider

• jeremy

• White93z34

5-speeds with no tach are funny :lol:

O BUT IT HAS A SHIFT LIGHT!!!1111!!!11!!111!1!11!!!11!!!11!11111!111!!!11 WTF LOL

This thing is so cheap. On top of all the cheapness, it's BLINGed out. Somebody thought spraying the entire dash with silver paint would make it look SaWEEET. It looks GGGGAAAYY.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :willynilly:

It's the same exterior color of my wife's old Cadavalier! Her's had the "taupe" interior though (and an auto.)

How's that head gasket holding up? Seeing the emphasis on the Bling factor makes me think the previous owner didn't think much about preventative maintenance :wink: . Good thing is the motor is waaaaaay easy to work on.

Good luck with that uncomfortable sucker!!!

you traded all of that for a beat up crapalier!?

argh!

Hey, it's the little brother of your Z, and definitely is better than having a computer I don't use just sitting around. I'm able to transport myself without resorting to the bus or rides from people...

you don't need a tach with a stick shift....it is nice though

hate to say it, but the manual probably makes it a fun car to drive.

anyways, if you need a reliable car in the spring, you know who to talk to.... :D

Actually, Kevin, it does make it fun to drive. Everybody complains about merging on the highway. I've never had a problem. I just throw it into 3rd or 2nd and slam on the gas. The engine gets a beating when I drive, but that's pretty much what it's made for.

No, I didn't get the blingin' rims. It's got steelies on it now from a Corsica. I'm kinda glad, too, they rubbed when I made turns when I test drove it.

BeauSoleil, this was a ghetto car. This car came from the GHETTO of Cincinatti. The guy that sold it to me had a small gated lot of about 4 different cars. He had a Buick Skylark with the V6 3300 in it that I passed up for this car. Every ten seconds you could hear homies hollaring to their honeys, and then every twenty seconds, you'd hear a cop car come speeding by, sirens and lights flashing. It was pretty different from what I'm used to.

Other than a small tapping at idle and a clunk when I make really sharp turns, this car is pretty much a great beater. Well, besides the damn painted silver dashboard which reflects onto the windshield and makes it hard to see. The windows are also pretty crappily tinted, it's all peeling, and it looks horrible.

Edit: Did I mention that it came with an Optima Red Top battery??

Guest BeausoleilRacing
BeauSoleil, this was a ghetto car. This car came from the GHETTO of Cincinatti. The guy that sold it to me had a small gated lot of about 4 different cars. He had a Buick Skylark with the V6 3300 in it that I passed up for this car. Every ten seconds you could hear homies hollaring to their honeys, and then every twenty seconds, you'd hear a cop car come speeding by, sirens and lights flashing. It was pretty different from what I'm used to.

I could tell it was a ghetto ride... But wasn't sure if it was Drexel... Because I knew someone from Drexel with a Cavy that same color and same rims...

I could tell it was a ghetto ride... But wasn't sure if it was Drexel... Because I knew someone from Drexel with a Cavy that same color and same rims...

Dunno. He was located in Cincy, was all I can tell ya. It's got no backseats if that helps any.

hell the optima is worth more then the rest of the car.

what did someone do to the body of that car, smack it with golf balls?

its certanly a ghetto ride, thats for sure. get out some thinner and crap and clean that dashboard off, make the car presentable to resell when the time comes.

let me know about getting the newsubframe in, next weekend is looking prety good for me.