It Finally Happened.. UPDATE #3 - J-Body Hell!!! (pics pg 4)

GP1138

DSCN0375.jpg

It's not supposed to sit that low...

DSCN0377.jpg

DSCN0368.jpg

DSCN0367.jpg

DSCN0373.jpg

DSCN0365.jpg

The culprit...

I was backing up to align myself with a gas pump, at a station about a mile away from my house, and I hear this CLUNK and know exactly what to expect, as my wheel becomes much easier to turn and eventually spins free...

Now, mind you I expected this eventually, as two months or so ago my left side front cradle bolt shit out on me. I tried to fix it, and didn't succeed, and my car still drove fine (to Michigan and back :!: :!: :!: ), so I took my chances. I'm gonna attempt to fix it, and if it takes longer, new engine cradle + L67 + 5-speed = Grand Prix LTP... nice winter project.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GP1138

• digitaloutsider

• jeremy

• White93z34

I knew that was going to happen to you, John...I was really surprised you had the guts to drive it all the way up to michigan.

I hope you can fix it because other then the cradle and the blue smoke that occasionally puffed out of the engine, its still a decent car!

I knew that was going to happen to you, John...I was really surprised you had the guts to drive it all the way up to michigan.

I hope you can fix it because other then the cradle and the blue smoke that occasionally puffed out of the engine, its still a decent car!

That was white smoke, lol. I hardly ever see blue smoke.

I knew it was going to happen, too. Chris (White93z34) and I are putting plans together that look like they'll be beneficial to us both.... stay tuned..

Uh oh. Mine would catch the first ticket to the salvage yard if it did that.

What all is destroyed when that drops out?

DSCN0373.jpg

I think that's the steering shaft.. and I don't think it's supposed to have that bend in it...

What all is destroyed when that drops out?

That's what happened to my '88 CS FE3 Coupe...rear d/s cradle bolt broke

yup, i'd do the same thing.

next expensive thing that breaks, this car is gone!!!!

My car has been good to me. But in all reality, the only value it has is to myself, and it's not worth any extensive/expensive repairs.

yup, i'd do the same thing.

next expensive thing that breaks, this car is gone!!!!

My car has been good to me. But in all reality, the only value it has is to myself, and it's not worth any extensive/expensive repairs.

:werd: :withstupid:

Hey man. I'm getting the GP's power steering rack fixed tomorrow..

Chris + Me + You + Broke GP = AWESOME GP 8)

I may have you tell me how you went about getting the car's cradle out without pullling the engine.

It'd be cool if you could come here, but GA is too far. You need to be closer!! Although, if you were, your cradle would probably be rusty as hell, too.

MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!! :willynillly:

Well, wonderful. I'm fucking killing the people that worked at that gas station last night, who told me in the plainest terminology possible, that there would be absolutely no problem with my car staying there overnight. My dad calls me this morning and tells me my car is no longer at that station. Apparently, the morning staff had no idea whose car it was, and had it towed. Now, instead of the forty dollars I would have owed the towing company I called this morning, I owe $150 to the company the station called. :evil: :cuss: :dammit: :evil: :cuss: :dammit: :evil: :cuss: :dammit: :evil: :cuss: :dammit:

It's a little bit of solace to know that the tow truck was there for about 4 hours trying to get the car moved, because the engine kept threatening to fall out the bottom. They had to put the car up on jacks and back the truck under it.

Well, wonderful. I'm fucking killing the people that worked at that gas station last night, who told me in the plainest terminology possible, that there would be absolutely no problem with my car staying there overnight. My dad calls me this morning and tells me my car is no longer at that station. Apparently, the morning staff had no idea whose car it was, and had it towed. Now, instead of the forty dollars I would have owed the towing company I called this morning, I owe $150 to the company the station called. :evil: :cuss: :dammit: :evil: :cuss: :dammit: :evil: :cuss: :dammit: :evil: :cuss: :dammit:

It's a little bit of solace to know that the tow truck was there for about 4 hours trying to get the car moved, because the engine kept threatening to fall out the bottom. They had to put the car up on jacks and back the truck under it.

Yeah.. but you don't know how they got it off...