What could this mean?

tyroelite

OK, so as some know I've had some real problems with my brakes lately. My ABS pump runs when the car is shut off, sometimes.

That to me seems like it would be the pump motor relay but here are the other things i've done and noticed.

Quote:

The first thing to check is the pressure switch. If unplugging the pressure switch turns off the motor, then the relay is not the problem. It could then be an internal leak, or a bad relay. You can also remove the abs fuse in the glove box fuse box to de engergize the relay and determine if its the relay stuck. Usually if the relay is stuck it will run with the ignition off. Most likely you have a defective pressure switch or an internal leak keeping it from reaching the proper pressure.

I did unplug the pressure switch and that did NOT stop the motor from running. I did unplug the ABS fuse from the glove box and that did NOT stop the motor from running. There are 3 ways I can make the motor shut off. 1)unplug the battery 2)Unplug the pump motor relay 3)pull the pump motor fuse from the engine compartment.

I pulled the top off of the relay and when it is plugged in and the battery connected and the car running, it closes but the pump does not run (as far as I can tell). when I turn the car off/unplug the battery cable it opens again and pump does not run usually. When after shutting off the car the motor is still running, the relay is still closed. If I just close the relay myself, it will start the pump and will run until I let go of it, usually. Sometimes though, it will stay closed and the pump will continue to run. My ABS light is always on on the dash(and it always was even before I had problems w/ the brakes) and now my BRAKE light is also on most of the time. Usually when pressure is built up, it will go off again but lately it seems that it is just staying on even after the pump has run. So, any suggestions as to the culpret? I'm still leaning towards the relay but I just want to make sure before I go spending that kind of money. Thanks.

Oh, and one other odd thing that seemed to be happening as I was attempting my diagnosis. The door locks would lock themselves randomly. Like when I would close the relay sometimes it would lock, and sometimes when I plugged the battery back, it would lock on its own. Other times, it would lock as soon as I closed the driver door. My car did have an anti-theft system (somesort of GM module) that was poorly removed before I bought the car. Wires are jumped together and cut here and there so the alarm is still there but it does not function... at least not properly. This could be the cause of my doors locking, just thought I'd mention it on the off chance it is an important clue.