cutsup1996

hey, vegeta, CALM DOWN. If you don't like reading what he has to say, don't go into this thread anymore. It's been established that something is off on those readings. We have accepted that. The torque is in some other measurement. OK. No need to flip out. And hell, I wouldn't tell anyone that was as negative as you about something new that I found for my car. That's just my 2 cents though.

No, Ben, I agree. Fucking bullshit. Then he trys to explain it, and say if you said something nice I'll let you know about the ultra-fake top secret bullshit non-chip that is being made. Fuck that.

I dont give a shit about your pocket change opinion kfahn. 150 hp at the wheels with an intake on a 3100...not happening, period. Torque was a joke reading, the HP is as well but it appears its getting ignored. 160 hp at the crank, lets add 3 hp for the intake since im being realistic and not optimistically ignorant. wow, the drivetrain is 92% efficient. Compare that to the dyno results found in another thread....here ill copy and paste.

"Good luck tomorrow. A friend of mine put his 3100 on a dyno and came up with 117 hp but his engine at a 100k plus on it and his was all stock. "

Those numbers he got are all applied through gearing, aka 2nd gear it seems.

Im definetly done...arguing over it doesn't change the amount of power the car has in the real world. If he wants to make a claim like that, its just going to give others false hope.

A Harley Davidson BIKE with 400hp wouldn't stay on the dyno. It would spin the tires on the dyno. And yes ti can happen. I had a video of a GNX spinning its tires on a dyno.

A 400hp bike would be running 5-6 second 1/4miles. No way. The NHRA bike guys are barely runnign that, and they have slicks on their bikes, and are turboed and squeezing.

Also, few cars make significantly more hp than tq(except for diesels)

A car is designed to make relativeley the same amounts of each(within 40 or so)

A Harley Davidson BIKE with 400hp wouldn't stay on the dyno. It would spin the tires on the dyno. And yes ti can happen. I had a video of a GNX spinning its tires on a dyno.

A 400hp bike would be running 5-6 second 1/4miles. No way. The NHRA bike guys are barely runnign that, and they have slicks on their bikes, and are turboed and squeezing.

Also, few cars make significantly more hp than tq(except for diesels)

A car is designed to make relativeley the same amounts of each(within 40 or so)

Ugh, I'm pretty certain he meant a supercharged Harley Davidson Edition Ford F-150 :wink: .......anyways, all I'm going to say is I laughed my ass off after reading the first post.

i pulled my 1985 2.8liter 2barrel carb celebrity wagon on the in ground dyno i have in my garage and it said i pulled a 9 sec quarter and a top speed of 186! with 245 rwhp and 436.2 tq/ft.

See i can pull shit out of my ass too! :lol:

those guys were talkin' bout piggybackin' the 3100 comp., so wouldn't that be using a chip, also are you guys saying that every single other vehicles hp readings that I posted are not right too, oh and yeah forgot who posted it but I did mean the harley davidson ford pickup, not the bike.

stupid question nobody has asked

what gear did he have you run in?

you need to be in 1:1 for a dyno run = 3rd gear

i personally would go to the shop and ask for my money back cause all he did was waste your time

Damn, a piggyback! So they dont tune the computer itself, they try to trick the stock computer with a box that alters the sensors. That is the only piggyback I am aware of anyway. Maybe it manipulates the output to the spark and ignition based on what the stock outputs would be? That way would be better, but tuning the computer itself is best. Find out before you let them bend you over again, right now they don't seem very compentent.

Jesus H Christ! According to that crappy dyno, you put down more than my TGP would be capable of on a normal dyno. I'm also waving the BS flag as well, on ALL of the results. There's no way in bloody hell that that HD F-150 laid down over that much torque. Yea, go get your money back, and go to a REAL dyno and see how much your numbers differ.

are you guys saying that every single other vehicles hp readings that I posted are not right too,

YESSS!!! They're ALL wrong! This is the part were your common car sense should be kicking in! Do you honestly believe you have 100tq/ft + over the factory numbers??? God damn, I suppose my TGP should pull in about 500tq/lb by the standards of that dyno, huh?

I have video footage of a twin turbo GN on a Dyno. No, that's not a typo, that's TWIN turbo with an unbelievable amount of work done. He even had two holes cut in the hood for the turbos to stick out of. With all this, he "only" pulled 1,000 on the dyno! Now you expect me to believe a freaking supercharged F-150 with a few pulleys and a couple extra lbs of boost is matching this and then some??? Does that not sound ever so slightly rediculous to YOU? Don't keep asking US, just take a minute and think about it for yourself!

I bet if you took any of those figures to the respective manufacturers of each car, they certainly would be shocked because they sure as hell didn't build them with anywhere near that power. And you haven't named a serious mod yet. I don't consider CAI a true mod, since it doesn't do jack in most cases. Like Vegeta said, MAYBE 3 hp, and that's being generous! Man, this is SO far fetched and preposterous that I can't even believe we're discussing it! So I'm done argueeing the validity of the results.

One last thing, though. Why would you be complaining about the not so "positive" comments? These guys are basically trying to tell you you got ripped off! And instead of thanking them for the truth and heading down to that company to get your money back, you'd rather side with the facade because you find some comfort in the numbers, or you tell them you won't let them in on a chip/computer/piggyback (whatever the fuck they're doing) being built by the same, incompetant people?

Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on those guys. Maybe they're actually good samiritans....like....they're a charity dyno facility, spreading good cheer through fake results to make people feel better about their cars :D

you qouted me on hp and then all you talked about is torque, everybody forget about the torque ok, also three guys without the dyno operators knowing it, brought their timeslips from very recent runs, then they all did the 1/4 mile on the dyno and all three were surprised at how close the dyno's results were with the tracks, one was as close as thousandths and the other two in very close +/-1 tenth, and it was not like the dyno operators knew those times before hand and could just put that in their computer to make the guys happy

you qouted me on hp and then all you talked about is torque, everybody forget about the torque ok, also three guys without the dyno operators knowing it, brought their timeslips from very recent runs, then they all did the 1/4 mile on the dyno and all three were surprised at how close the dyno's results were with the tracks, one was as close as thousandths and the other two in very close +/-1 tenth, and it was not like the dyno operators knew those times before hand and could just put that in their computer to make the guys happy

Just because they ran close to the same time on the dyno compared to a real track, doesnt mean they can make your tq and hp look greater than it is. I would also go back to get your $$$$, or some more runs with the RIGHT settings on it. Find another dyno, and run your car on it, see what it pulls.

The real indicator here besides the fat #'s is as mentioned way back on the first page. The speeds you were running clearly indicate you were in 2nd. This is how you got the phat torque multiplication. It doesnt seem to me that 78 would be top RPM in direct drive either but it sounds fast for 2nd. I dont redline second gear often.

I think the guy with the Porsche got acurate reading because of a standard. You most likely had some torque multiplication going on from the torque converter also. You not only need to be in direct drive but you need torgue convertor locked up.

Am I right on this smarter people than me ?

That should have clicked for you when you saw 52 MPH. When they put the load the car probably downshifted. They should have know this. I'd demand another realistic run because the one they gave you was inaccurate.

The modern heavy trucks might pull torque near what they said those PU's had and those PU engines would never pull what those big Cats and Cummins pull.

what do you mean clicked for me at 52, the car was put in 3rd, of course it would downshift at only 30mph from 3rd to 2nd when floored, 3rd gear is 1:1 in my car, I do know that.

Because your shift indicator is in third doesnt mean its going to stay there. Your car will kick down at 60-65 I assume. If it only kicks down at 30 when floored you have problems. Mine might even go into 1st at 30 not sure dont pay that much attention to the gauges.

Drive or 3rd is 1:1 or direct drive in all automatics at least most production autos.I've never heard of one that wasnt. 4th for standards, I dont know anything about the new 6 sps.

So then, if you put it into third gear, how do you get it to stay there when measuring your hp/tq? Because, if you floor it, it is obviously going to down shift. And when do you know when the converter is locked up?

Dont floor it. Ease into it. Give it enough gas to where it doesnt down shift but is a close to flooring it as you can get it. Then, once you get past 75 mph floor it all the way. It wont downshift then