cutsup1996

aight boys here it is, only motor mod is RSM K&N intake, FWHP=152.2@ 78.0mph, torque=363.5@51.0mph. I know I know you're thinking what the hell on the torque, I did too. It was a mustang dyno, the torque and the hp is read at the ground, they said torque actually increases in the drivetrain, if you saw all the cars and trucks run it makes more sense. Like the Lightning that laid down a RWHP=443.7 and torque of 1244.2ft/lb. He had intake and pulleys. Kid with a cavalier got disappointed, had an intake and full exhaust pulled a FWHP=133 and a torque of 256ft/lb. Remember factory readings are all at the crank. My buddies Mazda Speed protege was a little disappointed too. He only had a intake too like me. His stock hp is 170 mine is 160hp, he put out 153.0hp and 302ft/lb, he thought for sure he would beat me on torque and I was surprised our hp's were so close. Nissan spec v, CAI, header full exhaust put down 169hp forgot torque. 99' mustang gt, CAI, full exhaust first put down 246hp, then chipped it and put down 327.4hp. That damn lightning and the harley davidson pickup sounded so phucken bad, them superchargers, OMG!!!! They both laid bags of ice on their intakes when they ran. Piece of shit porsche 924 put down 106hp, he was all like oh yeah at least 150hp, needless to say he looked like a big da. Back to my run. Rolled to 30mph, floored it, did it in 3rd gear of course, 1:1, well now I know that if you put it in third and whine that bitch out, the computer over rides and shifts to fourth. I was about 150-200 from redline in 3rd and it shifted to fourth while I had it in 3rd. Everybody was really surprised I layed 152.2hp. They were also surprised at how phucken loud it was, next to the trucks they said it sounded the best and loudest, and I was like yeah and I only have an intake. It was nice to see a w-bod up in there, only one, everybody complimented on it and liked it so that goes out to all the cutty owners. They pulled it up on the rollers and the lowtrac light came on, they were like do you have traction control, I said no that's just a dummy light. They said where's your OD cancel button, I'm like uh don't have one so just gotta run it in 3rd. Well sorry it's long but hope you guys enjoy and I wanna see some replies or questions fellas. gotta free shirt too so that was cool

I'll tell you why the torque peak is so high, its at 51mph, thats 2nd gear. You're not in 1:1 then. As for th e 157 or whatevet you pulled......I think thats correct for the crank. I dont believe 150 whatever at the wheels. That dyno is fucked up

yeah i think it's stong too for 96k miles on her, as for the first two results I'll tell I honestly think the results for the hp are true, a mustang dyno is supposed to be the best it recreates true road conditions closer than any dyno like with load and stuff, but anyways keep the comments rolling in

No way, something was definetly fucked up with that dyno. Your HP is way too high unless you have mods not listed in your sig. Torque, haha, um no.

No s&*%! Sorry cutsup1996, but you need a reality check. :shock:

Those numbers are not close, especially the torque rating. Eek!

- Erik

Id say the dyno owner was clueless. When I used a mustang dyno to tune a beretta chip, he was getting 101 hp stock with a 3.1. No way in hell you have 50 more hp with an engine rated 20 more than the 3.1 at the crank, with a press bent intake extra. So yes, im saying every car that ran got incorrect readings.

so r u guys saying the Lightning and Harley Davidson didn't lay down 443hp and 385hp, respectively?

No, they didn't. AND, the Mustang GT DID NOT put down 320+hp at the wheels when the stock form only puts down 260 at the CRANK.

:lol: This thread is too f'n funny.

the lightning had a full aftermarket pully system, K&N cold air intake, and runnin' two more pounds of boost, and the ice bag on the intake, yes I do believe 443hp is true, I don't guess it would matter though cause any lightning could smoke our asses anyway huh

yeah u guys aren't reading my first post, the torque readings are done in a different kind of way that is hard to explain but I think I can find the website, it might explain, and yeah a dodge and a ford diesel truck ran, 820 and 1009ft/lb respectively, torque is the opposite of hp, it is higher at the ground, how can I relate, like when you are trying to break a rusted ass bolt, your gonna find the biggest toughest, longest wrench you have, not the shortest little one just because your work put into the wrench has a shorter distance to travel until it reaches the bolt. and remember so many companies rate high or low and rate at the crank, so many people forget that, like the SRT4, all the mags said it dynoed at like 15-20 more hp than the advertised crank hp, and that's at the wheels, oh well I had fun and the other guys did too, saw cool cars and heard badass superchargers, that's what we do this for anyway right c'mon, thanks for all the positive comments guys :oops:

Well thanx for all the nice "positive" comments guys, anywho I started talking to some guys there and they had no idea so many people wanted to do stuff with their w-bods, they seemed really interested and asked my for all my info and gave me theirs, I said the hardest is a chip for the 3100, well guess what, that's what they specialize in, they said I should be expecting a call within 1-1ana1/2 months to let mine be the first, oh I'll make sure to let all the guys who responded with "positive" comments know about this first, and maybe the other stuff they might make for our cars.

Now...that would be nice.

Im wondering...is there anyway you can concact the people...and see what may make this difference?

That...and if IIRC, the drivetrain takes away like 10-20%. So, in many cases, that would be about 20 or so..which is still kinda close.

the tourqe though...thats just interesint.

jon

So I have to say something nice so you will tell me about the dyno computer tuning? Fine, congrats on your totally awesome, 100% for real, honestly accurate dyno results.

Blow it out your ass if thats what you expect, im not about to fucking lie over some bullshit dyno results. Yeah, its easy to manipulate a dyno to inflate the results, which is exactly what your results are. Inflated.

i really dont know what to say about those readings. im not going to be synthetically nice just because they might make a chip for the 3100 and only the "nice" people get dibs. plus, i have a 3.4 now...so 3100 doesnt matter.

as for the dyno results, im gonna have to wave the bullshit flag. :bs:

unless you can give me a concrete description of this 'torque' rating, there is just no way. the horsepower, its definately high...but i can let that float. there is no chance in hell that a 3100 with just an intake is pulling 300+ ft/lbs. no way a Lightning is pulling 1000+ either. the HP figures on the Lightning and Harley Davidson sound dead on though considering mods.

in conclusion, with those figures, your car should be pulling 7s 0-60 times. does it?

ok I give up on trying to explain the torque readings, but I'll be honest I really do think the hp readings are close for all the vehicles, listen guys I surely didn't mean to piss anybody off but I was lookin' forward to this for a while and was excited and all and just had my bubble burst that's all, oh well I guess

Hey man, there are no hard feelings against you, this is a good site. But the fact of the matter is, you honestly believe your 3100 is pulling 300+ftlbs? You dont even have to explain it, find a site that will explain it for you. If you car was pulling 300+ftlbs, you would be slammed back into your seat, HARD, on the road. And hey, if those are the results you pulled, and the other guys pulled 1000+ftlbs, then they got their moneys worth....if they believed it. I might go to a local dyno here and get my car on there, after i get the UD pulley and possibly make my own custom CAI. When its not so damn cold out.

hey, vegeta, CALM DOWN. If you don't like reading what he has to say, don't go into this thread anymore. It's been established that something is off on those readings. We have accepted that. The torque is in some other measurement. OK. No need to flip out. And hell, I wouldn't tell anyone that was as negative as you about something new that I found for my car. That's just my 2 cents though.