New guy with 1998 Monte Carlo

Torque_Effect

Np. Should check out some of my threads. Most will agree when it comes to this bodystyle monte im the guy to talk to :)

So besides engine swaps, and top end swaps.

What are some mods you recommend?

I couldn't find the details but I read something about swapping in rear-discs from later model w-bodys. If that is a straight bolt on mod, I would rather do that than refurbishing the old tired drum setup that needs new shoes, and probably new drums and hardware.

Of course I don't want to do anything that is going to cost a whole lot, because if I can't get the strut towers repaired, the car unfortunately will just get driven until the struts punch all the way through the towers. Then it will get parted out and scrapped. Which I would really really hate to do, since this was my friend's old car that he sold me at a "friend" price, I would really hate to see it go. I mean i've been friends with this guy since middle school, heck the first thing we talked about in middle school was Gran Turismo on the playstation. lol

Basically the car has allot of sentimental value, even if he used it as a daily driver trash can. (Seriously you guys do not want to know how much garbage he had stuffed into this Monte. I still need to clean the carpets and seats. Heck I may just change the seats all around. lol Driver's needs to be replaced anyway. lol

So besides engine swaps, and top end swaps.

What are some mods you recommend?

I couldn't find the details but I read something about swapping in rear-discs from later model w-bodys. If that is a straight bolt on mod, I would rather do that than refurbishing the old tired drum setup that needs new shoes, and probably new drums and hardware.

Of course I don't want to do anything that is going to cost a whole lot, because if I can't get the strut towers repaired, the car unfortunately will just get driven until the struts punch all the way through the towers. Then it will get parted out and scrapped. Which I would really really hate to do, since this was my friend's old car that he sold me at a "friend" price, I would really hate to see it go. I mean i've been friends with this guy since middle school, heck the first thing we talked about in middle school was Gran Turismo on the playstation. lol

Basically the car has allot of sentimental value, even if he used it as a daily driver trash can. (Seriously you guys do not want to know how much garbage he had stuffed into this Monte. I still need to clean the carpets and seats. Heck I may just change the seats all around. lol Driver's needs to be replaced anyway. lol

Yup bolt on just need the rubber lines for a 1990 lumina euro 2 door to make them fit

Well I feel defeated.

Drove all the way out to Columbus to the picknpull and got ripped off.

Out of 6 Monte Carlos, not a single one had any wheels at all. So I ended up pulling a 15" steelie as a way to just stop using the donut off a Lumina, tire looked like it had very low miles, nice deep tread and no dry rot. $25 later, and about $15 in gas back home, I "try" fill it up with air at a gas station, and find what looked like a small knife shaped hole in the sidewall. :cussing:

Guess I will just buy this alloy off ebay, and spring for a brand new tire when I get paid friday.

Edited by Torque_Effect