Time to introduce the car...and myself

LilRedConvert

Hi all, from Washington State, and glad to have found a forum dedicated to our cars specifically, not just olds in general.

My wife and I picked up a 1994 convert for free and have had real good luck with it so far. It has 152K miles on the clock, and the 3100 engine is amazing. After researching out other forums (and of course, this one too) I am so glad we don't have the 3.4, however fun it is... lol The top is in decent shape, suffering the same issues most of us do with these cars, but it will get replaced in the future, this is a smooth car and we plan on keeping it. But here's the fun part...

Keep in mind the production numbers of our cars and how hard they are to get parts for... now, we managed to find only a mile from our house not just a parts car, but two of them sitting in a field. So we picked them up for parts, and I will be selling the white 93 and using the red 94 for our parts car. The white 93 has a good 3.4 and a good tranny (I believe the 4T60-E) although the top is shredded and various parts are inside the car. (This car was purchased from a wrecking yard by the owner as a donor motor/tranny for the 94 we will be keeping.) So if anyone is interested in that, let me know. (I will navigate over to the classifieds and officially post the car there.) But imagine my surprise of finding not one, but two converts begging to be used...

We use our convert as a daily driver when we don't feel like driving the gas hog minivan, it is just such a wonderful vehicle and we get comments on it all time, even though she is in need of a good paint job. That is going to happen sometime in the future also, we will be restoring what little there is needed on this car eventually to what we hope will be show condition. There are three others running around in the Tri-Cities area here in Washington and all are in good to great shape. We have great convert weather here with over 300 days of sun a year. So ours will get plenty of use!!! And free to boot!!! We love it. So, hello and thank you again for such a great forum!!! ~Brandon~

Hello from another Pacific Northwest vert owner! I've got a red 95 with a 3100 and about 155k that I use as a daily driver too. I live near Portland Oregon so we get too much rain for the top to be down as much as I want it to, and I don't see many of these verts around town here.

Thank you all who responded, will try to get pics up later today of ours, as well as the parts cars, don't know if I am allowed to do so yet... It's nice to talk to others who have our rare cars, being as you just don't see them that often anymore...

Welcome to the forums LilRedConvert!! I'm jealous of you right now! I can barely find ONE CSV at a yard. Usually I source what I can from the Cutlass Coupe. I have a black 94. Do you have pics of your running vert?