Top Posters In This Topic

• KarenL2888

• 94 olds vert

• Leadfoot

• j_mezz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for asking :) She is still in the shop. Primered mostly and two steel plates cut to put in behind the wheels. Looking for seals and sweeps and etc and talking about the roof and whether I can afford that. One tail light lens cracked but one of our members is hooking me up :) I need the interior of the bumper metal. It rusted away. They are looking.... Right now she is a pretty big mess but he promised to talk to her and let her know I wanted her back all shiny and pretty. Im thinking at least another month. Quality takes time. He said he was going to add pics to johnsautoandtruckservice.com. I dont see any just yet though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so.....the body guys think she would look better red......and I think original colors are true to her spirit. And my friend thinks the whole reason I bought her back was to remember her as she was and therefore she should remain silver. And my internet friends say original doesnt matter because they arent high demand collectibles so do what looks hot.....so??? Opinions?

i see red convertibles all the time, cant say the same for the silver. I would stick with the original color and keep it clean. Great progress so far. Makes me get a itch to get mine done lol.

If it was mine and I planned on keeping the car for a many years to come, I would leave it silver. Its how it first caught my eye. That's how I'd wanna always remember it.

Plus I see plenty of red ones I can't remember the last time I seen a silver one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the red interior and a red exterior would be a bit much. I think the silver/red combo looks really right on those myself. Plus unless you take the car All the way down there will always be constant reminders of what the colour used to be.

Forget what the guy at the body shop wants, its your car, you are spending the money. Do what you want.

I say do it up original color, but that's just my opinion. I think a silver/darker silver 2 tone would look kinda dumb.

White on white or black on black both look great, but red on red isn't going look right. I'd stick with original - one shade of silver. Don't listen to the body guy. Don't listen to us or your friends either. Do it the way you want it done cause you're going to be the one waxing it and driving it and...

I think the advice I have heard most is I bought her in 92 because I loved her, made memories with her as a silver bird, and probably had a reason why I was attracted in the first place. So even though I am not crazy about the white roof.....and may look into an unoriginal maroon......the body , upholstery, and boot will be original colors. Still deciding if its even possible to do the roof something besides black or white. You guys are awesome. Thanks for caring.