I got an awesome deal at the junkyard yesterday

MommyTaz022200

I went to the junkyard yesterday and got:

-Rear buckets that needed a good cleaning

-Rear console and trunklid thing that goes behind the upper part of the back seats

-Rear spoiler with a broken 3rd brake light (the plastic fastners where the screws go are broken as well as some of the LED lights inside the plastic and are just moving around inside the lens cover) and badly chipping clear coat

-an ashtray(not the exact right one but I'm going to make it work)

-a drinkholder CD and coin holder (drinkholder is adjustable to the cup/bottle size)

-a shifter knob with the auto button on the top (my husband "accidently ran mine over when I took it off my car and it tore the leather)

-some trunk carpet and a shifter boot (for a project I'm working on)

Since I have a 3rd brake light in my car I'm just going to fasten the light where it belongs, bondo the little crack around the light so it's unnoticable it was ever there. It's red so I would have needed to sand it even if the clearcoat wasn't chipping off so no big deal that it is. Then I will paint the whole thing, including the light. I got the material off the buckets and washed it already. I'm waiting for it to dry and then I will be putting them back together with pieces of the trunk carpet to cover the back of the upper half. I need to cover it because there was no trunk lid on the car they came from so the foam cusion is dryed out where the sun hit it and it leaves a little dusting of foam on anything that touches it. Since my subs will be so close to it I don't want a bunch of dust falling all over from the bass viberations.

I got everything for $30, which I think was really cheap.