Want to change rims on 91 Lumina. What stock GM OEM rims fit?

csrMark

I was just given my father's 1991 Chev Lumina 4 door. It only has 50K on it. It was definately the "old man" car. It was his baby with that weekly wash and wax.

Anyway, the rims are steel 14" rims.

I would like to put on a 15 or 16 inch rim.

I don't want to put on aftermarket fancy rims. Just something OEM from GM.

I'm not sure what will fit thou????

A few questions:

1) Will any "W body" car rim fit on this Lumina?

2) Do you think a 16" rim will fit in there?

3) Any suggestions as to what rim might look good on it? (ie: Monte Carlo, Regal, etc)

Thank you

do you have any spare center caps for those, matt? ...even though you dont have that car anymore?

I saw your thread about the j/y wheels you picked up, and thought to myself, "damn...if I still had either set of center caps I'd totally give them to him." Haha. I had both the red bowtie and silver bowtie versions, but one went with the car and the other I sold after the car left.

WILL THESE FIT?

A WRECKER HAS A SET OF 4 OF THESE IN MINT SHAPE ON A GRAND PRIX. I don't know the year but the 4th digit of the vin has a "W"

They aren't polished but are 16" and come with rubber in great shape. He wants $300 for everything?

too much????? or good deal?

will they fit ?:think:

post-5433-143689052361_thumb.jpg

any 1st/1.5 gen W wheels will fit and have proper offset(the x-laces are a bit too wide though?).

WILL THESE FIT?

A WRECKER HAS A SET OF 4 OF THESE IN MINT SHAPE ON A GRAND PRIX. I don't know the year but the 4th digit of the vin has a "W"

They aren't polished but are 16" and come with rubber in great shape. He wants $300 for everything?

too much????? or good deal?

will they fit ?:thinking:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1911&d=1284521490

Hmmmmm,

Is it a big deal to put in a spacer? Are they expensive?

They're actually pretty inexpensive. Just pull the wheel off, and slide the space on the studs, then put the wheel back. If you go with really wide spacers though, you'll need either longer studs, or bolt-on pieces.

I plan to run some small spacers when I get new wheels, they're a quick and handy fix for poor offsets.

imma throw my rims out there, because they are luminas and deserve to be looked at!!!!!!

lumi1.jpg

DSC08127.jpg

Both look great.

What are those rims off of originally?

My car is blue and 4 door. There is a story to it. It was left to me. Car was my father's. Washed weekly. Low miles and absolutley mint.

The backspacing is wrong, so no. Not without spacers.

How much of a spacer would I need?

I don't mind putting in a small spacer but i don't want to get into changing to longer studs, etc.

If you dont want to change the studs, then stick to a first gen wheel... The wheels you posted interest in are a second gen grand prix wheel...

Look for:

90-00 Lumina

95-99 Monte Carlo

88-96 Grand Prix

88-97 Cutlass Supreme

post-5433-143689052628_thumb.jpg

I picked up these . Haven't paid for them yet.

PONTIAC GRAND AM rims and took one home to see if it fit on the 91 Lumina.

Unfortunately, there is no tire on them.

They seemed to fit with nothing rubbing

They do however seem to sit fairly deep in the body of the car.

Does anyone think there might be a problem once a tire is installed?

OPinions please.

From what I could find on the internet, they came off a 2001 Grand Am.

thanks again.

Mark

post-5433-143689052646_thumb.jpg

post-5433-143689052656_thumb.jpg

post-5433-143689052662_thumb.jpg

post-5433-14368905267_thumb.jpg

post-5433-143689052677_thumb.jpg

post-5433-143689052686_thumb.jpg

post-5433-143689052695_thumb.jpg

post-5433-143689052701_thumb.jpg

Edited by csrMark

if youre still getting them i would also test fit on the front and make sure it clears everything. Youre probably right that they are likely a little sunken in, but as long as the whees clears, the tire should clear too

Arent GA wheels 5x100?

Mark -

The silver Lumi wheels are from a TGP, that i had powdercoated silver and black.

The white lumina wheels are Motegi Mr4's 5x114.3 which i had to shave the caliper bracket and put a small spacer. They are on my cutty vert now.

Edited by LuminaPower92

the later n-bodies switched to 5x115. I suppose gm thought they gained a little too much weight to be running 'size small' lug patterns.

i remember a pic of a GA with gold x-laces on it too. looked ok...but its still a grand am

You will most likely have issues on the front because the GA wheels after 99 are the same dimensions as the 2nd gen w-bodies... And there are issues with clearing the brake caliper on the front when using a second gen wheel on a first gen

the later n-bodies switched to 5x115. I suppose gm thought they gained a little too much weight to be running 'size small' lug patterns.

i remember a pic of a GA with gold x-laces on it too. looked ok...but its still a grand am

:showoff:embarresed to admit i love the 95ish grand am gt's