1995 GTP What it worth?

Addicted to eaton

its 10/95. And i did not ask if you guys would buy it. I dont care. i wanted to know what it would be worth but obviously you guys cant pull you head out of your ass's. Its got a HUD/DIC worth at least 50-100 there, I could cut the catalytic converter off of it for 75-125$ But no, its not worth 5 Dollars to you guys. Exactly why i just fucking shouldn't ask you guys! simple minded, If it don't run its worth nothing to you.

Buying or selling a USED catalytic converter is ILLEGAL, and the fact that you just posted your intention to do an illegal activity on a message board wasn't that smart.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Addicted to eaton

• Breakdown

• WhatTheFehl

• AL

Buying or selling a USED catalytic converter is ILLEGAL, and the fact that you just posted your intention to do an illegal activity on a message board wasn't that smart.

Dude, you scrap the cat and get 75-125, not sell it and if he bought the car, the cat comes with it...

From the way he wrote it, it sounded like the intention to sell it. If that isn't what he meant, then I'm sorry. It just didn't sound that good.

Dude . . .

Do you want to buy a catalytic converter for your car, it doesn't work, but it will help you pass emissions. You just have to sign this contract that says that I'm selling you a broken PS3 for $225.

its 10/95. And i did not ask if you guys would buy it. I dont care. i wanted to know what it would be worth but obviously you guys cant pull you head out of your ass's. Its got a HUD/DIC worth at least 50-100 there, I could cut the catalytic converter off of it for 75-125$ But no, its not worth 5 Dollars to you guys. Exactly why i just fucking shouldn't ask you guys! simple minded, If it don't run its worth nothing to you.

not sure why you are getting your panties in bunch....you have been around here long enough to know that car is worth nothing more then it's value in scrap....you posted a pointless thread that you already knew the answer to :shrug: ...not sure what other types of responses you expected...

WOW, Maybe where you are from? Im in the boondocks, just a little FYI, i have sold 5-10 over the past few years, im going the cut the one off of my 97, and 99. And sell them Contact my local law enforcement tell them what im up too LOL!

http://www.livingstoncountymo.com/sheriff.htm

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/1743796763.html

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/1711997044.html

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/1705241771.html

Learn your facts before you call me a criminal

Converter laws are federal laws though... I'm pretty sure the EPA outlawed it. I know it is illegal for junkyards to sell used catalytic converters.

Call a junkyard (one that you aren't friends with the owner) and ask them how much they want for a used catalytic converter for your car.

Edited by WhatTheFehl

not sure why you are getting your panties in bunch....you have been around here long enough to know that car is worth nothing more then it's value in scrap....you posted a pointless thread that you already knew the answer to :shrug: ...not sure what other types of responses you expected...

We were all supposed to marvel:

"What a find." I'd give $300 for that shit pile!!"

And then after two days of negotiating, he could triumphantly post that he got the car for $125. Damn!! I mean the hood louvers and HUD would go for that alone!! And then once the B4U and rims are parted out, there could be a winfall of $1000 for Anthony.

That guy with the $100 field car must be feeling PRETTY stupid right now after seeing the deal that Anthony's gonna get . . that is if the guy will even sell it to him!! The super soggy (and glass-filled) seats are nothing short of an added bonus.

And BTW Jeremy, something that I'd like to point out with your ignorance in posting in this thread. Anthony already knows the value of all of these parts as shown in Bill (Twenty's) for sale thread, I think that he's just testing us on car and part values. Certainly doesnt' really need our help or opinions!

Converter laws are federal laws though... I'm pretty sure the EPA outlawed it. I know it is illegal for junkyards to sell used catalytic converters.

Call a junkyard (one that you aren't friends with the owner) and ask them how much they want for a used catalytic converter for your car.

You're 100% right.

Anthony's going to go to jail . . . and then hell.

Even if what he was doing was 100% illegal, it's not something where the laws actually get applied 99% of the time.

Umm, so who (as in recycling) is paying that much money for a converter that is pre OBD2.. Hell, OBD2 dont ever bring $30 tops and thats for an Import unit.

And the HUD setup is worth around $50, assuming it even works correctly.

Its a 95 GTP, even the DIC isnt worth dick, hence I dont even bother getting them from the local yard for free to sell for $20 shipped anymore.

Hell, if it was a complete TGP, yeah, its worth parting out, but its not. Its a possibly working HUD setup surrounded by muddy scrap.

I still dont know why you waste your time and effort on cars only worthy of being turned in steel shreds..:think:

Because it what i like to do, I hate having a car that i'm not fiddling with. When the GTP'S motor is done. it will be running a 2.8 Pulley, x1 cam, Headers, CAI, Ported blower. it will be a fun fast DD. But ill be bored. This will be a car ill get for Next to nothing, Rebuild and sell when its done, Then ill look for another one.

Umm, so who (as in recycling) is paying that much money for a converter that is pre OBD2.. Hell, OBD2 dont ever bring $30 tops and thats for an Import unit.

It used to be you bring in any cat to a junkyard/whatever and you'd get at least $80. It's not like that anymore I don't think, at least around here.

when i grow up, i wanna be like anthony, buy broke to shit cars and part them for profit...

wait, anthony, you're younger than i am aren't you?

can i divide by 0 and force a time-warp?

I'm not going to part it out if u get it. Ill get a trunk lid, front bumper, and both fender flairs, And sell it. I just wanna play with the 3.4

So, whats a stolen, salvage titled 200k+ 95 GTP worth, $300??? Oh wait, its missing the oil cap, so there goes $10 of its value.. so we are at $290 assuming it doesnt need an engine (which it prolly does) or a trans.

I really wish you guys would understand Missouri's State of "Salvage"

If your vehicle is still in working condition and your auto insurance company has paid a total loss claim, you can obtain a prior salvage title by submitting the following documentation to your nearest Missouri Department of Revenue office:

"

An Application for Missouri Title and License, marked with the "Prior Salvage" designation

Payment for your title fee of $8.50, plus the $2.50 processing fee

The title for the vehicle

An official safety inspection or ID/OD inspection

A copy of the Notice of Vehicle Titling Requirements form

Once you've submitted the necessary paperwork, you can check on the status of your application by using the online inquiry service on the DOR's Web site."

This car will not have a salvage title. The owner of the car gave the Title to the tow company. The car was already replaced. They didn't see the need to get it back. It did not have full covrage. And BTW my 99 does not have a salvage title it was totaled, My 99 Silverado was totaled to it ALSO did not have a salvage title. Oh thats right my 96 cutty was Considered a total loss by W-body's-are-the-best. Guess what? No salvage title!

It used to be you bring in any cat to a junkyard/whatever and you'd get at least $80. It's not like that anymore I don't think, at least around here.

I got 88 from a 95 sunfire cat and 92 off a 98 gtp cat a couple weeks ago

I just have to say that when I saw the pics of that thing I immediately thought of Back to the Future when the car is driven into the shit wagon.

Even cleaned up I wouldn't pay more than $1000 for that thing...

You asked for our opinions, we are giving you our opinions, you don't want our opinion then don't ask for it... that car is worth its weight ins scrap steel, which is down right now FWIW.

Jamie

a car built 10/95 would be a 96. NOOB!

better idea would be to check the POS by VIN:

http://jalopnik.com/5165656/how-to-read-a-cars-vin

Determining the Model Year

Since 1980, different countries have used slight variations of model years. Still, there's a generally accepted format that most companies use for the 10th digit. If the car was built between 2001 and 2009, the digits 0-8 will appear here. Our vehicle's 8 tells us that it's a 2008 model-year car.

If the car in question was built between 1980 and 2000, the code will be "A-Y," sequentially excluding the three letters not found in any VIN. For example, a car built in 1994 would have the code "R," and a car from 2000 would use "Y." Starting in 2010, most manufacturers and vehicles reset to the letter "A."

94 is R, 95 is S, 96 is T.