I hate plastic. (New Pictures! 01/08 - Page 12)

xtremerevolution

I like carpet. It feels warm and fuzzy. So I want carpet in my car now. Lots of carpet. Everywhere. And fun lights. And maybe a disco ball.

SIGGED.

:lol:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xtremerevolution

• slick

• CSI_MuNkY

• AWeb80

I like carpet. It feels warm and fuzzy. So I want carpet in my car now. Lots of carpet. Everywhere. And fun lights. And maybe a disco ball.

SIGGED.

LOL

That's freakin awesome. :high5:

I should get some purple shag in there, LOL.

SIGGED.

LOL

That's freakin awesome. :high5:

I should get some purple shag in there, LOL.

LMAO :lol:

To get a mig welder would be a couple hundred bucks to maybe over a grand or two. I don't know too much about welders, i just use what I have access to. I have access to a old miller tig welder and a Lincoln mig welder equipped with shielding gas. The tig is alot nicer to weld, but mig welding alot more fun since the results are so fast. learning it is easy and welding is quick. My friend bought a mig and used it for a year or two and then got a tig welder for something like $500. I think both were off ebay. Harbor freight has cheap welders. my one roommate got one and neglected to use it ever, haha.

Mig welders are fun. get one. You have to get all the acessories with it. Like a mask (for quicker learning, get an auto darkening, but i still think those don't react quick enough. I feel like im being exposed to way too much bright light) and gloves and whatever wire you need, and then tubing, blah blah blah. You could probably also pick one up off craigslist

110 Volt MIG welders can be bought for a couple hundred bucks. I've seen them around $250 sometimes.

110V is all you need to weld on a car.

Well in order of importance, I want to

1. remove plastic

2. have the amps facing into the cabin

3. increase my interior space

4. improve appearance

5. reduce weight

I'm pretty sure I'll get some carpet padding for sound insulation and then cover the whole thing with the same kind of carpeting I used on my amp board. I might turn the back of it into a couch if I use enough padding. For now, I'm still brainstorming exactly what its going to be, but the plastic had to go, and I want the amps facing inward.

so why dont you just get rid of the amps? wouldnt that drop quite a bit of weight? interior space, well, you are doing a good job at that. improve appearance? that will take some time, probably need to some major rehauling back there to make it look even remotely stock (ie hiding the wiring and such)

it is quite an udertaking....good luck with it, i just feel IMO that if you want to do all that, wouldnt removing all of the sound equipment be the best bet? then you really could drop some Lbs (or Kilos for you crzy canadians)

1. remove plastic

4. improve appearance

5. reduce weight

I'm pretty sure I'll get some carpet padding for sound insulation and then cover the whole thing with the same kind of carpeting I used on my amp board. I might turn the back of it into a couch if I use enough padding. For now, I'm still brainstorming exactly what its going to be, but the plastic had to go, and I want the amps facing inward.

so why dont you just get rid of the amps? wouldnt that drop quite a bit of weight? interior space, well, you are doing a good job at that. improve appearance? that will take some time, probably need to some major rehauling back there to make it look even remotely stock (ie hiding the wiring and such)

it is quite an udertaking....good luck with it, i just feel IMO that if you want to do all that, wouldnt removing all of the sound equipment be the best bet? then you really could drop some Lbs (or Kilos for you crzy canadians)

Well as I noted, reducing weight is the least important thing I'm trying to do here, so the amps and sub are staying in the car. I'm just going to redo the interior around the amps and the sub. I'm not too concerned about making it look stock, just making it look decently presentable.

I mean come on, the car has 177,500 miles now. I'm way past the point of trying to get the best track times out of it. Now I'm just having some fun with it since all it does is take me to work and back.

1. remove plastic

4. improve appearance

5. reduce weight

I think you qouted the wrong person, because I never said any of the above.

1. remove plastic

4. improve appearance

5. reduce weight

What the hell? I'm typing outside of the quote box and it is still quoting me.

hopefully it isnt too cold in there, i remember pullng everything out of a conversion van during the winter, left the holes in the floor and everything, and that was definitely chilly.

i hear you on the 177k, i have 170 myself, and just switched my rear seats to buckets......

i will be interested to see how it all turns out.

1. remove plastic

4. improve appearance

5. reduce weight

What the hell? I'm typing outside of the quote box and it is still quoting me.

Fixed - there was an extraneous open quote line with your username (it doesn't matter, could have been anyone's and it would have done the same thing) and I just removed it. Not enough closing quote denotions for it to compute correctly.

hopefully it isnt too cold in there, i remember pullng everything out of a conversion van during the winter, left the holes in the floor and everything, and that was definitely chilly.

i hear you on the 177k, i have 170 myself, and just switched my rear seats to buckets......

i will be interested to see how it all turns out.

Yeah man, I'm driving 70-100 miles a day too, which is quite a few miles per year, so I'm not trying to make a show car here. I think it will look nice and clean if I can get the whole rear covered with the same carpeting I used on the amp board.

I'll post pictures of my progress as it goes along...

updates?

None yet. I get my paycheck tomorrow, so maybe I'll get something done this weekend.

anything new? havent heard anything from you all!

updates?

None yet. I get my paycheck tomorrow, so maybe I'll get something done this weekend.

anything new? havent heard anything from you all!

The car is currently sitting 2 feet off the ground on stands with one wheel off and one strut removed. I'm changing the rear struts and strut mounts with KYB GR2's and KYB mounts. I'll take a picture when I get back home tonight. :)

Don't worry I'll definitely be doing a lot to the back of this car. Once the new struts are in, it will be annoying as hell driving it with all that road noise.