Top Posters In This Topic

• sliptap

• IRONDOG442

• stevegasm

• 19Cutlass94

Top Posters In This Topic

Sliptap the LX-5 (what I drive daily) has 215 hp and 230 ft pounds of torque

the Series III 3800 is currently delivering 197 hp and 227 lb-ft of torque

Most people who work on cars do not like their 3800 so they call them boat anchors its an inside w-body forum joke (which never gets old).

They dont have the Newbie under your name for nothing, remember that NOOB !!!! :lol:

OWNED !!!

No... I'm a GM guy :D I'd take a Geo over a Cadillac, noob.

Picking a 1961 Buick push rod V-6 over a Computer Designed DOHC 4 valve per cylinder V-6 shows that you actually would.

Next time I get bored I'll get into my Intrigue factory service manuals specifications pages on each engine and show you statistically just how superior the LX-5 to the L36 really is.

Most people who work on cars do not like their 3800 so they call them boat anchors its an inside w-body forum joke (which never gets old).

They dont have the Newbie under your name for nothing, remember that NOOB !!!! :lol:

OWNED !!!

Your response would've been great had you not estimated me for an idiot. I stated (incorrectly, i know) that 200 hp > 160hp. I would rather drive my Parents Car, rather than my own. I never stated that the 3800SIII was a god-given gift to earth, or that it was greater than the LQ5.

While we are at it: check out Nissan's 3.5 L engine in their Nissan 350Z: 306 HP and 268 ftlbs...now THERE is an engine that is better than yours.

Picking a 1961 Buick push rod V-6 over a Computer Designed DOHC 4 valve per cylinder V-6 shows that you actually would.

Next time I get bored I'll get into my Intrigue factory service manuals specifications pages on each engine and show you statistically just how superior the LX-5 to the L36 really is.

That's just my preference. I prefer simple engines, where when something goes wrong I know exactly where to look. Pushrod engines may not be as efficient as OHC engines, but they're hell of a lot easier, and cheaper, to work on IMO.

That's just my preference. I prefer simple engines, where when something goes wrong I know exactly where to look. Pushrod engines may not be as efficient as OHC engines, but they're hell of a lot easier, and cheaper, to work on IMO.

I know Steve you love the pushrod v series

OWNED !!!

Your response would've been great had you not estimated me for an idiot. I stated (incorrectly, i know) that 200 hp > 160hp. I would rather drive my Parents Car, rather than my own. I never stated that the 3800SIII was a god-given gift to earth, or that it was greater than the LQ5.

While we are at it: check out Nissan's 3.5 L engine in their Nissan 350Z: 306 HP and 268 ftlbs...now THERE is an engine that is better than yours.

I never estimated you for an idiot, I never said the LX-5 was better than all other engines just better than the Series III for power output which it is. Stick around sliptap you will figure me out in a short amount of time. if you want to be impressed about an engine do a little research on the 3.5 liter and 4.0 liter Aurora Oldsmobile Indy V-8s and look at its record Nissan couldnt hold a candle to that motor (no one else could either look at the record).

Back on topic.

I was just dishing out some flak while receiving some, thats all ;) No hard feelings.

If we want to talk about spectacular engines...my dad had a 426 Hemi Cuda, that was drag prepped, back in the day. Sold it when he started his family :( Saw one go on Barret Jackson for quarter mill, without stock paint.

Yeah the L67 owns both versions of the Aurora Indy V-8 and the Nissan 3.5 V-6 :rolleyes:

That statement you just made is why people mess with you on here.

Yeah, and I'm the only one here to make remarks like that :rolleyes:

I'm just tired of hearing how great the L36/L67 are.

The new 3900's are quickly beating the L67's. The 3500 is a good strong motor and can be made to make some power as some people on 60*v6 have proved. The pushrod market is growing quickly.

I guess motor choice in a W is bascially what you perfer.

^^^^ What he said.. With that being said, I wouldn't trade my l36 for anything (except for maybe a l67).. It's got a hell of a balance between reliability and performance, in my opinion..

Yeah the L67 owns both versions of the Aurora Indy V-8 and the Nissan 3.5 V-6 :rolleyes:

That statement you just made is why people mess with you on here.

Rob, he's just angry at the world. :)

The new 3900's are quickly beating the L67's.

I drove around a shuttle van with a 3900 for a few months, and it was damn quick. Not L67-eater by any means, but it could get out of it's own way.