Where all my Regals at?(lol)

I know this might sound stupid, but I don't see too many regals in here. It's like Regals are standing still while Luminas and Monte are moving forward. I was also wondering will monte carlo body kit(razzi) fit regal(95). I am pretty sure that skirts and rear will fit, but front air dam looks different. Do you know anyone that can make a custom exhaust for my Regal ? I give you Monte, Grnd Prix and Luminas alot of props for pushing W-body forward. I hope one day we can get as big as those weak ass civics, eclipses and other crap like that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian P

• SuperBuick

• taylerade

• 91GranSport

I have a '91 Regal GS sedan. 3800 Series I, 4T60. The powertrain runs beatifully at 178,000km. Unfortunately it needs a bit of work before I'm able to do the mods I've been looking forward to completing. Right now it needs new paint and some bodywork, and the HVAC control console isn't working all that great. I also need new tires and shocks.

I agree with you, out of all of the W-Body cars, the Regal is the most understated. Even up to now, it's understated when compared to the Monte Carlo, Grand Prix, Impala and even the soon-to-be-dead Intrigue. I just think they should make the Regal a little more dramatic in the styling department and market it properly without using celebrities. After all, Buick does have a heritage of high perfomance luxury vehicles. I also hope that GM kills the Century. Or at least it should kill it off the W-Body platform and build a Century model based on the Malibu/Grand Am platform.

I think the side skirts will fit, but I doubt the front end will. You can take it to a competent bodyshop and they'll be able to find a way to bolt it on, as long as they do it properly. They might need to fibreglass the seams to make it look decent though.

1989 Buick Regal Custom here in Waco TX. There are a lot of this style Regal in town, including one that's almost identical to mine (different wheels). The car is off-white with the wide black waistline, and French-bordello-red interior. My 6' 4" son can easily get into the driver's seat, unlike my wife's '99 Malibu.

My father bought this one in 1990; I inherited it in 1998. It crapped out last year, and we finally got it running last month. It now serves as my son's chariot. (After plunking down $575 in two weeks to get it running, he has the temerity to whine about the stock stereo. Get a job!)

Under the hood is WAY more complicated than my '64 BelAir; I'm pretty much stymied by anything that goes wrong.

I foresee the Regal being a member of the family until my son wrecks it or can afford another car. (The former better not happen, and the latter --ha! Like he can forego stereo equipment!)

Just to support this topic I've also got an 89 Regal that I'm happy to own. I will say though that I do just consder it my to and from car and would rather be in my lumina, but I will say I still see them frequently in the Chicagoland area, it just doesn't seem people are as proud to own them as other w-body car owners are...

What can you do, the 2.8 just doesn't do it for me all of the time and sometimes I just need to have a V8 at my foot.....

it just doesn't seem people are as proud to own them as other w-body car owners are.......

Shhh dont let the secret out I had a 1997 3800 II GS it was acctually made in 1996

and you want to know what

it was the worst POS that I ever had.....got it with 5,000 miles Gone in a year and a Half with 18,000 miles two Trannys and a Head gasket too.

I dont know if it was just mine or what but man I hated that car. and everything about it. but The old school ones are awsome

I like my regal better than my Z34 five speed. It handles better, looks better, and is put together better, all the while being just as fast. Too bad stick shifts are so much more fun to drive and transfer power so much better. IMHO, when done properly, regals have beautiful lines, as muscular as those of the TGP, but in a different manner. I really wish more people were into them, as they have alot of potential, not to mention they were the only 1st gen cars to offer the 3.8. Check out http://155.48.119.26/~rlydon/images/ for pics of my regal and my lumina.

-Tom

(After plunking down $575 in two weeks to get it running, he has the temerity to whine about the stock stereo. Get a job!)

HAHAHAAH!!!!!!!! Oh man Im dying here! Bring him on this board, we'll straighten him out! :bash: :dunce:

I like my regal better than my Z34 five speed. It handles better, looks better, and is put together better

-Tom

Don't forget the car's origin! Buick is always higher priced than an equivalent chevy, and the $ doesn't go to nothing. I think Buick and Olds are right about the same in terms of price, quality of interior materials and accessories, etc. Pontiac may be a hair lower but nothing you'll notice...for example just compare a 02 Impala to an 02 Regal, to an 02 GP

I both love and hate my 89 Regal GS. Awesome lines, killer ground effects (stock on the 89 GS). BUT...

The piant is shot to hell, the driver side door sucks (all the plasitc rivits broke and the door wants to just fall apart), some of the interior dash vinyl is pealing up from teh underside of the dash, and the transmission sucks. The rear bumper got center punched by an Accord (wich was totaled, but they declared it no fault, so I don't get any money). Oh yeah, the whole suspension creaks too. But, the 2.8 will still give some wheel spin on dry asphalt, it handles sweet with the sport suspension, and after i got rear ended, the exhaust sounds friggen awesome!

I got rear ended TWICE in my regal, once by a massive freightliner tow-truck. Only my low miles saved me from total loss. Now I am scared to drive the car, too many god damned idiotic stupid useless waste of life shouldn't have a license should be put to death in a flaming pit of fire and then eaten in front of their children people on the roads these days just waiting to destroy my poor car (can you tell stupid drivers piss me off a little bit?)

would the exhaust for a 1994 Regal GS the same as your 1995? I would expect it is. I know a guy i work with that has a 1994 Regal GS 3800. I can see about making a Mandrel Catback for you. It would be 2.25" catback and i can also include a muffler and tip for an additional price.

I also offer an intake for your car. My buddy has a standard "RedZ Intake" but he is thinking of upgrading it to a "ColdZ Intake". I can also make a Strut tower brace for the regals. if you guys are interested in any of this stuff, let me know. RedZMonte@hotmail.com

here is what i would do for kits... I will get back to you on price:

1. 2.25" mandrel bent catback piping without a muffler

2. 2.25" mandrel bent catback piping, Magnaflow muffler and resonator

3. 2.25" mandrel bent catback piping, Dynomax Super turbo and resonator

4. Carsound 2.5" Cat that will be welded in to your stock downpipe

I want to dyno his car then do the catback and cat and then redyno it and see what gains we get.

It would include a hangers, piping and everthing except a flange to bolt to your stock downpipe. so you would need to have your stock flange put onto the new piping or just weld the pipe kit to your existing piping removing the flanges. the kit will come in 2-3 pieces and will bolt together with preinstalled flanges and come with gaskets for thoes flanges.

Shane

According to Consumer Reports, the Regal was the most reliable of all the first gen W-bodies. :)

I think the GP's were the least reliable, followed by the Lumina.

I believe it!

I do think my Cutty is built better than my TGP. The most noticeable example of this, is the crappy paperlike plastic sheet the GP uses as a shift indicator!!! I can't believe they used something like that in a car originally costing $25k 12-years ago. Not to mention the climate control and factory CD player buttons are made of paper-thin plastic, no wonder they have cracks in them!

According to Consumer Reports, the Regal was the most reliable of all the first gen W-bodies. :)

I think the GP's were the least reliable, followed by the Lumina.

I believe it!

I do think my Cutty is built better than my TGP. The most noticeable example of this, is the crappy paperlike plastic sheet the GP uses as a shift indicator!!! I can't believe they used something like that in a car originally costing $25k 12-years ago. Not to mention the climate control and factory CD player buttons are made of paper-thin plastic, no wonder they have cracks in them!

I believe it. look at the motor. the Regal is the only 1st gen with a 3800. that alone made it more reliable.

RedZ

Well, you have to give the GP the award for NO WARP DASH! If you could ignore the fact that it will crack like a Chevy Truck's dash if anything hits it hard enough, but it STILL doesnt warp!

Well, you have to give the GP the award for NO WARP DASH! If you could ignore the fact that it will crack like a Chevy Truck's dash if anything hits it hard enough, but it STILL doesnt warp!

That's true, although I think it's still some kind of padded material. At least I thought it was!

I don't think it's hard plastic like the upper dash panel in my Chevy truck.

However, the center arm rest is made out of the same material as my Cutty dash pad, and the arm rest is bulging out at the sides where it's warped.

i own a 1992 regal GS 3800 MFI maui blue coupe with 50K miles ... was always garaged until 41k mi. it's near mint i'm damn proud of it... disappointed with the lack of products out there to mod it with though

any idea where i can find out how many MAUI BLUE coupes were produced in the year 1992 or for all of 3800 series???

Maui%2bBlue.jpg?bcnsr09ATnXEPFIC

i own a 1992 regal GS 3800 MFI maui blue coupe with 50K miles ... was always garaged until 41k mi. it's near mint i'm damn proud of it... disappointed with the lack of products out there to mod it with though

Thats a beautiful car from what I can see in the tiny little pic there. Got any better ones to share with us? How come we haven't heard from you till now!!!! Us regal guys feel so lonely over here at the W-Body board. Check out my site for some ideas on mods, mostly interior and suspension though. Soon I'll be doing the 5-speed conversion on good old superbuick. that oughtta be a blast. Here's a quick list of some mods I've done.

-K&N Cone Intake

-Ported + Polished Throttle Body

-Engine Re-Loomed in Yellow

-Stainless Straight-Through Exhaust

-KYB GR-2 Struts

-Suspension Techniques Lowering Springs

-Rear Monoleaf Mount Modification

-Addco 7/8†Rear Swaybar

-Polyurethane Swaybar Bushings

-American Racing 16x7 Rims

-Nitto 235/55VR16 Tires

-Shaved Emblems – Replaced with minimal new badging

-GS Rear Bumper

-New Metallic Black Paint – Two Tone Deleted

-Blacked Out Grille and Trim

-Custom Leather Quad-Bucket Interior from 1992 Cutlass Supreme Convertible

-Custom Front Gauge Pod

-Tom

:yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak:

Guest TurboSedan

taylerade - nice regal! now if you could only enlarge that pic...

Tom - yowza that is nice too! have you thought about a Series-1 Supercharger after the 5-speed? that would be awesome. this thread makes me wish i had a regal. i'm not sure if i'd take a '90 GS coupe or a '94+ GS sedan (i'm partial to sedans of course). but if i were to get a w-body coupe it would be a regal GS.

joshua

Well (as I snicker heinously), after I do the 5 speed, my next project will be a custom turbocharger/intercooler setup. 1990 Grand National here we come!!!!

:twisted:

Tom

Guest TurboSedan

hell yeah, and you already have the beautiful black paint for it too! my turbo project is on hold for awhile :( :( :( :( :? (funds). where the hell is that money tree?

joshua