How much is my car worth?

xtremerevolution

if you include all the work I've put into it, the car should be worth into $2500. I know I can get at LEAST that much if I part it out and put all the stock parts back in.

if you mean you can get that much for the car itself, good luck. not saying its impossible, but its an older W with over 150k on it. I really dont mean to sound like I'm bashing you, but bottom line is that if it were my car, I wouldn't think it would be worth selling, because I wouldnt expect to get more than 1500-2000. Just my opinion. I dont think it's all that ricey, I'm just not a fan of racing seats and cuttin up a good hood for some neat accessories. That's just me and my taste, otherwise it's a pretty clean looking car, just not really worth all that much IMO

I agree, but my hood was bad to begin with. I had some huge dents, which are no longer visible because they got cut out for the vents. Trust me, it looks better now with the vents than it did with the dents.

I'm working on getting those vents to look less ricey. Once I get center caps for the wheels and slightly larger tires, it should look a bit better. As for racing seats, believe me, the stock seats were really really bad. They weren't built for any type of body grip whatsoever, and their form was so poorly designed that my back would hurt pretty bad after any drive over 2 hours.

The work is far from over. The car is currently in the shop getting the front bumper repaired, and I've got a pair of EBC front slotted/dimpled rotors coming in as well. I'll post some new pics too.

I also decided to install the stock 95 Regal GS wing instead of that cutlass supreme wing.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xtremerevolution

• Psych0matt

• 93CutlassSupreme

• boulevard

My Twocents.gif - If you're not selling it, don't ask what it's worth. tsk.gif Why, you ask? It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay you for it, and that can vary alot, as seen by the replies above.

One more thing- you don't need to explain nor justify what or why you've done to your car. If someone thinks it's "rice", who cares? You built and modified it to please you, not anyone else. If we all liked and drove the same thing, we'd be robots.

well it sounds like you're happy with it, or getting there, which is great. I think one thing (to me) that kinda detracts from the overall appearance is the all black wheels. I like black wheels, but I think they should have a regular silver lip, otherwise they kinda just look like steelies, or cheap painted stockers. It sounds like most of the stuff you've done is to fix it, not just to add stupid accessories, which makes it a little better.

My Twocents.gif - If you're not selling it, don't ask what it's worth. tsk.gif Why, you ask? It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay you for it, and that can vary alot, as seen by the replies above.

One more thing- you don't need to explain nor justify what or why you've done to your car. If someone thinks it's "rice", who cares? You built and modified it to please you, not anyone else. If we all liked and drove the same thing, we'd be robots.

I had considered selling it at first, but I later decided (with the help of people around here) that I definitely wouldn't. That's partially (though marginally) based on what people around here think my car would be worth.

I'm asking for opinions. Who cares if I think something looks great if the world thinks its looks stupid. If I were to go with the mentality that I would do whatever I think looks good on the car, I'd be on the same page as those who put oversize body kits and 3' wings, and fart cans on their civics. It makes a difference what other people think. Some things i like too much to change, but when it comes to the point where most people think the hood vents look like rice simply because they're black and stand out way too much, it wouldn't really bother me to get them painted silver and I'd be keeping my desired effect.

The more discussion I have about my car, the better feedback I get on whether or not my mods are worthwhile.

well it sounds like you're happy with it, or getting there, which is great. I think one thing (to me) that kinda detracts from the overall appearance is the all black wheels. I like black wheels, but I think they should have a regular silver lip, otherwise they kinda just look like steelies, or cheap painted stockers. It sounds like most of the stuff you've done is to fix it, not just to add stupid accessories, which makes it a little better.

I agree with the all black wheels. I think they'll look a lot better though once I get center caps on there. I would LOVE a silver lip on these rims, but there simply isn't any room for them, because...well...there is no lip on these rims. I'm somewhat considering getting them sanded and painted silver, the same color my previous rims were. This is partially because every time a rock hits the rims, a tiny part of the paint chis, and everything ends up looking like crap. I'll probably do that this winter after I get some snow tires on the stock 15" rims.

And yeah, most of the stuff I do is to either fix it or improve performance. I won't add anything to the car unless it serves a purpose and is functional.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

$1000 to some kid

:werd:

I can't see a riced-out Buick being worth much

I would be riced out if I had a 3' wing and a weak fiberglass body kit, along with underbody neon lights, and hell, why not add a Type-R sticker to that while we're at it. The z34 vents are functional, that wing hasn't been installed yet, the rims aren't cheap, the lowering job is professionally done (not just springs that were cut), the car handles quite well, and need I say more? That's not rice.

I'm not going to sell it, but I was just wondering what it would be worth. I doubt I'll ever sell it.

Z34 hood vents installed in a Regal? I see rice, but you're entitled to your own opinion.

How is that rice? The vents are functional, aren't just those LUND stick on scoops....A definition of rice to me is having decals on your car that doesn't make any sense to the car......chevy bowtie on a cutlass......

those vents look rice as hell...and the bowtie has been gone for years :rolleyes:

OMG yous guys are so full of shit. You guys are bashing the dudes car, and for what? Ok, so this is not your car nor it is mine. Hood vents, big vinyl, rice lights.. whatever. What is the vehicle worth? This is almost close to childs play. Vents, schm-vents! Who gives a crap? I don't think a buisness man is looking to buy a car like this, and of course it might be a teenager, no shit Sherlock!

Is this everyones mentallity "Everyone's always wrong, but I'm always right!"

Some times you just can't win. Next time, before you share your opinion. Look up the definition of the word!

:mrgreen:

All I said is that because of the rice nature of some of the mods, his car isn't worth much. THAT'S IT. Then, I was flamed by members like you.

btw, I DO know what rice means, and I applied that term properly.

just my 2 cents.....

Mods of any variety KILL the value of a car for me, I want a car to be 100% unmolested when i get it.

that said... a regal with over 150k, aftermarket wheels, and hood vents that i cannot remove without replacing the hood make it a $1000 car to me, that thats because it does run and drive.... maybe a little more since it is a southwestern car... maybe..

Honestly I think if you put it up for $2000 OBO and let yourself get talked down you could probably pull $1500 out of it to a kid.

and racing seats in a regal? is grandma sliding out of the seats again?

says the cutlass supreme owner.... :lol: ;)

haha, that made me literally laugh out loud!

lol that could probably apply to 3/4 of us :high5:

Personally it'd be a sub 1k car for me, but I hate the stuff that you have put into it.. not a personal thing by any means, it just isn't my style at all.. I'm a clean stock kinda guy.

I 100% agree. i only like the stock look. The only thing not stock on my cutlass is the fog lamps lol

It's worth however much you manage to sucker out of some kid.

DITTO!

So basically, I could make a LOT more than $1200-$1500 (which is what people have suggested) if I part out the suspension, racing seats, rockers (I still have the stock rockers in a box) and a bunch of other stuff if I were to ever sell the car. There's $700 in suspension upgrades on that car alone, and another $350 on the rockers, $250 on the racing seats, $180 on the high performance front rotors, another $500 on the rims, and the list can go on for a while. Even at used price, I'm sure those would sell for a lot more than just $1200. With what I have on it, I could sell it for $1200 just as a parts car if the engine was shot. The transmission will go for at least $350 (only 9k miles on the rebuild).

Anyways, thanks for the opinions guys.

I'll buy your Addco bar......

Yeah I didn't even think of that. I think I could make at least $1000 parting out my upgrades and putting in stock parts, and then some for the car itself. Not a single grain of rust on the car, just dirt.

IT'S NOT RICE!!!!

yet....

if I part out the racing seats...There's $250 on the racing seats, another $500 on the front rims

And keep in mind that unless you kept all the stuff you took off you would need to purchase those items again to demod the car. And even if you did that you are going to get probably less than 50% of the new price for those items. You would also have to take into consideration the amount of time that would be needed to do all of the work.

IT'S NOT RICE!!!!

yet....

if I part out the racing seats...There's $250 on the racing seats, another $500 on the front rims

And keep in mind that unless you kept all the stuff you took off you would need to purchase those items again to demod the car. And even if you did that you are going to get probably less than 50% of the new price for those items. You would also have to take into consideration the amount of time that would be needed to do all of the work.

Yeah I guess that's true. There's really no point in selling it, ever, which is what my girlfriend was telling me as well.

what are the specs on your rims? and how much would you want for those? :biggrin:

I just put the stock rims back on with Firehawk Indy 500 tires (235/60/R15). The rims I had on there are up for sale, but only if the price is right. They're stock rims from a 2006 RSX-S, but I had the center hole professionally bored out ($180) to precisely fit the regal's center bore. The offset might be a bit too small. I used some cheap 3/8" spacers to push them a bit farther out. The lug pattern is 5x114.3 and the size is 17x7. They were custom painted black. I doubt I would sell them unless someone would be willing to give me at $650, MAYBE for $600 (and that would be at a $130 loss to me) which includes the tires. I might be willing to trade them for a decent set of 16's though, even if they're stock wheels. For me, the 17's are simply too expensive to replace the tires on. I seriously couldn't find anything decent below $130/tire anywhere I looked, and definitely not in an all-season tire.

why would you get rid of the wheels?

Because 17" tires are a lot more expensive to buy than 16" tires.

That's sucks. Why don't you talk to me about tires? I do have a hook up but your going to have to drive an hour out!

youll lose more selling the wheels from what youve already paid than the difference for 16 vs 17 tires. and dont complain to me about 17" tires. try buying 35x12.50's :biggrin:

seriously, though, you should be able to find a decent 17" for a decent price.

why would you get rid of the wheels?

Because 17" tires are a lot more expensive to buy than 16" tires.

That's sucks. Why don't you talk to me about tires? I do have a hook up but your going to have to drive an hour out!

Man, I called you and asked you if you had connections who sold tires, LOL.

Either way, I won't need them till late next spring, since I have my winter/season tires on to prepare for Chicago (while they're still cheap).