GP1138's Z34 Thread: NOW HAVE VENTS, and not leaking!!(?)

GP1138

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GP1138

• 5speedz34

• White93z34

• slick

did you relive the fuel pressure before you started work on the car? because if you did it may just be stuck. fiddle with it and push it down a few times or mabey even have someone start it and try and push it, mabey it'll pop back closed. 210k can do alot of things to a car i wouldnt be supprised if its just stuck.

thats weird....If you can just buy a new one do that. If not, try removing it and putting a pipe thread pluig there instead.

Update: She runs again! I changed the spark plugs, the valve cover gaskets, and I fixed the scraeder valve and she almost idles smoothly now! Just gotta fix the timing eventually. I can't tell if it's leaking still or not since the fuel leaked, I poured water on the engine to wash off the fuel as best I could so I could prevent an L67-type event. I hope I did it well. I still see some oil leaking a little, so I'm expecting to have to chase down another leak, but she's running better than she ever has right now! Even took her out for a spin to verify.

good to hear. my car is down to the block waiting on the heads to get done so i can put it back together. you just did 0* timing, correct? im going to try +6/-13 since im using 92 cams on a 5-speed.

good to hear. my car is down to the block waiting on the heads to get done so i can put it back together. you just did 0* timing, correct? im going to try +6/-13 since im using 92 cams on a 5-speed.

Naw, I just did the valve cover gaskets. I decided to just do those, and wait till later to properly do the rest of them and the timing. I figure I'll wait until we get our house (with two-car garage) to really make this a project.

Did you do the LIM gasket?

About the schrader, my buddy had one go bad on his L67. One day the thing was leaking a little bit of fuel, and he removed the schrader and found that the seal was bad. He put a junkyard one in and then I think got a new one from a guy on ClubGP.

Well, I got temp tags on her, and took her for a spin. For the first few minutes I ran it idling (barely) it leaked oil, looked to be coming from the oil pan, dripping a couple of times a second. Then when I was in the McD's drive through, I looked under and there was nothing. Maybe I've got a bad oil pan gasket that swells when warm.

Also, I have VENTS now!! But still no cruise. Is there a fuse for the CC? I'm too lazy to stop eating my greasy fast food to go look. :lol:

have you checked the vac lines to the cruise? the bigger one on mine is really dry rotted and im supprised it still works. and i do blieve there is a fuse but im pretty sure its more than just cc.

Problems at this point:

Powertrain:

Doesn't idle at all on cold start (I think the O2 sensor is bad)

drips oil on cold start

TCC

Body/Interior:

Windshield Reveal Moulding needs installed

Front end paint blows

Spoiler paint oxidized

Rust spot on rear pass. quarter

Driver seat has major problems, lopsided

headlight out

Radio needs replaced

Hood struts need replaced

EXHAUST SOUNDS LIKE ASS (LITERALLY) - Stock replacement??

On the topic of lopsided drivers seats, is it just me or do the bucket seats in every first-gen W-body look all crooked? Like if you're looking at them through the back window, they look like they lean in toward the center of the car. My Grand Prix did that, and so does my Cutlass.

On the topic of lopsided drivers seats, is it just me or do the bucket seats in every first-gen W-body look all crooked? Like if you're looking at them through the back window, they look like they lean in toward the center of the car. My Grand Prix did that, and so does my Cutlass.

My pasenger seat does lean toward the midde, the drivers side doesn't. On my old 93z neither leaned. :dunno:

My cutlass looks like that too, and so do both my regals.