• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Q-Ball

• 19Cutlass94

• BXX

• terryk2003

Holy hell!!!! BTW, those GMPP arms are freaking tiny!!!! The BMR arms that I have at atleast 3 times that size!

True, but they were less than half the price of the BMR and are strong enough IMO.

get a grinder with a cutting disc, or a sawzall as previously mentioned and cut between the trailing arm and the mounting tabs. Thats what I did on the TGP, worked great.

I mentioned that... Twice already

You cut it in the wrong area :lol:. Don't cut the middle of the trailing arm, cut on both sides of it right between it and the bracket..

I did that. It doesnt cut, all it does it melt the rubber bushing from rubbing. And the bolt just looks like it scratches the threads on it. Cutting the middle was a last action of hope, but it doesnt go through the bolt. They either dull off or snap.

rent a plasma cutter. it'll be out in 2 minutes.

The problem is lack of money, since I got laid off and no ride since my car is undrivable now. :( Anyways, what do those things sort of go for? They dont sound cheap.

get a grinder with a cutting disc, or a sawzall as previously mentioned and cut between the trailing arm and the mounting tabs. Thats what I did on the TGP, worked great.

My uncle was susposed to drop off a grinder with a cutting disc this morning, but he never showed up. :evil: And I have been trying with the sawzall with no luck cutting through the bolts at all.

i heated up the bolt assembly because the bolt was rusted (basically welded) to the T/A....i used the torch to heat up the bolt and then used a nice heavy hammer to whack the T/A and the bolt finally broke loose....

just don't heat up the mount too much....

...btw, the rubber will burn...LOL....and it stinks....but it works.

All I got is a propane torch, I'll try heating it up and hammering it off, but I doubt it will do much. There isnt a lot of room down there to get some good swings in. :lol: And yeah, the rubber does stink and seems to make a lot of smoke too!

i've never come across a part that a BFH cou;dn't fix

I've been using a small sludge. 5lbs probably. Just I dont have a lot of room down there to make some good hits.

i've never come across a part that a BFH couldn't fix

X2 with lots of PB blaster

I've been using a rust penatrator. Doesnt do much when the problem is inside the bushing.

I had the same issue a short while ago. Here is the thread

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,51206.0.html

Tighten the nut and bolt until that fucking head snaps off.

Ah thanks, your link was very helpful. Seems you were the only one that really knew what I was talking about. I gotta get me a grinder! Sawzall = shit.

I mentioned that... Twice already

I've been using the sawzall and it sucks. I'm trying to get a grinder now.

Well, I went to Candian Tire and bought myself a 4 1/4 Angle Grinding Wheel set. It's working amazing! Im almost through the bolt now! Just came in to get warmed up.

Sawzall < Angle Grinder. FTW!

Good to hear its almost off!!!

The BMR arms that I have at atleast 3 times that size!

True, but they were less than half the price of the BMR and are strong enough IMO.

yep

Like I said before, price wasnt an issue.

I got the new one finally installed! Gonna tackle the other side now. Really, its not that hard of a job. :lol:

I was gonna wire wheel everything and coat it nicely, but I cant find my 2 wire wheels. So, I'll just do that on a nicer day.

HPIM1657.jpg

HPIM1658.jpg

HPIM1659.jpg

HPIM1660.jpg

i see you got a BFH!

Hahaha, yup! She worked well too!

ahhh, the sweet taste of victory. good job dude.

Yeah, feels damn good being done and out of the cold. Next round is to install the addco rear sway bar!

Why does it look like you have electrical tape wrapped around your brake hose

Cause the other rubber is cracked. I plan on getting some new hoses in the spring when I do my brake upgrade.