2 questions (about lowering, and something else)

PCGUY112887

OK first off, I've had issues with my rear right brake for a while now. I got into an accident that bent my front right control arm to all hell and such a while ago, and I'm thinking this may have to deal with that because my rear right tire took a beating too. Basically the brake rubs not letting the wheel just spin freely, at first I thought maybe bearing but as soon as you lift off the brake pads and spin the rotor, it's fine. When I reset the brake pads and stuff and put it back together, the tire spins fine. But then as soon as I use the brakes or I use the parking brake, it's back to rubbing! It rubs on the inner pad, down on 1 corner you can see exactly what happens. Thought maybe the rotor was warped, I've been through 2 different ones and they both do the same thing. Caliper it's self is new, one on the other side froze up so I replaced both, still does it. Sometimes after a drive you can tell it's been rubbing because the wheel and everything is on fire and you can smell the brake pad. What else could be causing this?!?

And second thing, about lowering to people who have done it. How much of a handling gain did you see from lowering alone? I'm already going for all KYB's, sway bar, trailing arms, STB's, etc, but I don't really want to lower my car unless it's going to give some amazing gains.

Thanks.

I noticed a pretty good improvement over stock with just lowering the front.

and as far as the brake rubbing, you may have gotten a bad caliper, it could be the bearing, or they may be something else that is bent causing the whole assembly to lean.

My guess would prolly be the bearing. Check for any play in the wheel while it is off the ground.