Wicked bad pahts!

94CutlassXtreme

So I had dropped my car off at a local shop that does all the work I either dont want to do or dont have the time to have a new radiator installed, as well as a hypertech 180 stat Now I knew the car needed a new ECM, because the cooling fan circuit was shit. I get a call from the mechanic telling me how after the install is was idling at 1700 rpms, throwing codes one second and erasing them by itself minutes later, so now I knew I was going to get a new ECM. So I called him up to get me the OE part number off the ECM so I could order one at work. (I work at the parts store) He couldnt find it so I figured I'll just order one later. I go to pick it up, and it wont start. Cranks and cranks but no start. So we check spark, and its getting plenty of it. Check all the fuses and relays and they're good. So we figure, moving the ECM around disturbed it, so I run over to the junkyard and grab an ECM off a wrecked 94 4-door. I unplug the ECM in my car and lo and behold, two of the 3 plugs are corroded and full of mold, not to mention once pin from the ECM broke off and had to be fished out of the plug. So the guy cleans out the plugs with some electric component cleaner and compressed air, then applies some dielectric grease to the plugs, and the car still wont fire. Then I notice that I'm not hearing the wonderful whirrr of the fuel pump when I turn the key. So now it seems as if my original 150,000 mile fuel pump has decided to shit the bed. So he tells me to go grab a pump and he'll try and get to it tomorrow, so I picked up a Delphi pump and a new strainer. So hopefully it solves my problem. I still might need a new ECM too because I still dont know if the used one is good or not. And my ECM that had been erased and reprogrammed by Superchips years ago is now also junk. What a day!

I was contemplating calling around so see who still might do reprogramming, I'm going to miss the lack of speed limiter and rev limiter, the damn thing would almost hit a six grand redline if I matted it. :willynilly:

"wicked"? "pahts"? I was about to ask if you were from RI, but close enough :lol:

:lol2:

Im trying to get the store motto of my parts store changed to "We got good pahts!"

Oh.....pahts = parts.

I dont like yankee talk. LOL

Shitty deal though. The ECM thing is really weird sounding. Hopefully that junker will work for ya. My pump took a shit like two days after my battery died.

does a 180 t stat make that much diffrnce

No. All the relays and such are for a 195 stat. Changing the stat will only cause problems. Besides, these cars ( atleast mine ) doesnt get hot enough to fuck with this stuff. Just put the OEM stuff in it and its one less headache. If it aint broke dont fix it.

After the rad and 180 stat went in, and the mechanic actually got to drive it, it was sitting nice and cool at around 190-195, when it was allowed to idle in the shop for around 20 minutes and the fans wouldnt come on, it started to creep to 260. The new radiator is 2x thick as the old one.

It was the computer, I had to have the j/y one reprogrammed, and now it runs actually even better than it did with the superchips reprogrammed ECM, lol. At least the whole process only set me back around 140 bux!

It was the computer, I had to have the j/y one reprogrammed, and now it runs actually even better than it did with the superchips reprogrammed ECM, lol. At least the whole process only set me back around 140 bux!

Well, the stock ecu should be better than any superchips one.