Dammit! Cutlass fender got crunched. Fender Q's? PICS!

GnatGoSplat

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GnatGoSplat

• 5speedz34

• cutlsp

• GP1138

Just to get this right.... You park your car ... go into a store.... comeback out to a mangled fender, and YOUR respocible for 30% of the cost...

I would be talking to peoples boss's :guns:

No, not exactly... I was in the car. I pulled into the parking lot right behind him. He pulled into the first space right at the parking lot entrance, I proceeded to go, then all of a sudden he decides he doesn't like how he pulled into the space, throws it in reverse, and backs up without looking. I had about a second or two from the time his reverse lights came on to decide whether to gas it, throw it in reverse and gas it, or lay on the horn. He backed up fast enough I didn't have time to make and execute a decision.

Fucking bullshit man. I'd be calling these guys.

guns.jpg

Hope things work out in your favor, though knowing how much you love that car, I have no doubt you'll make damn sure this works out for yourself.

Just to get this right.... You park your car ... go into a store.... comeback out to a mangled fender, and YOUR respocible for 30% of the cost...

I would be talking to peoples boss's :guns:

No, not exactly... I was in the car. I pulled into the parking lot right behind him. He pulled into the first space right at the parking lot entrance, I proceeded to go, then all of a sudden he decides he doesn't like how he pulled into the space, throws it in reverse, and backs up without looking. I had about a second or two from the time his reverse lights came on to decide whether to gas it, throw it in reverse and gas it, or lay on the horn. He backed up fast enough I didn't have time to make and execute a decision.

I may not have completly understood... but that it still fucked up...

He didn't look behind him....

I'm SURE the insurance company would have wanted to only cover 70% of the bill had that been some little old lady hobbling along in her walker... If he didn't look.... He didn't look WTF is the difference. :motz2:

I finally got ahold of the insurance bitch yesterday and argued with her. In a professional manner, of course.

Anyway, she said the reason she thinks I'm 30% to blame is because I failed to sound my horn. I told her I didn't have time, and she says based on the interviews, she thinks I did. I told her even if I had, he couldn't have stopped in time anyway because it happened quickly. I finally managed to get her to let me send pics of the scene.

What might possibly be in my favor is the guy shouldn't have been backing out that way to straighten up anyway. He was backing out of the space on the closed end of the space, not the open end. He also would not have been crooked and needed to straighten up in the 1st place if he had pulled in from the correct aisle since they're angled spaces and he pulled into it on the closed end.

Wow.

That's some bullshit, bottom line. I would take their ass to court, based on the fact that he was backing up, and impeading on your space.

How did I miss this thread :?

Anyway, sucks, I'm in total shock (even though it happened a while ago now)

But say you got a neck injury or sumthin..

sue that fucker!

No I wouldn't do that, really, I hate people who sue. Point is its just a total bummer and I hope everything works out in your favor of course.

Anyway, she said the reason she thinks I'm 30% to blame is because I failed to sound my horn. I told her I didn't have time, and she says based on the interviews, she thinks I did. I told her even if I had, he couldn't have stopped in time anyway because it happened quickly. I finally managed to get her to let me send pics of the scene.

this is complete and total bs do not put up with this if anything this wreck is 100% the other driver's fault since he backed up without looking. if he had looked he would have seen your car you can really miss a car like a w-body. kinda like how you can't miss an 83 suburban if you were using your mirrors. :roll: i see no point in argueing over this with this dumb ass insurance bitch its her client's fault without any %age on you he backed up without looking fuck him its his fault simple as that. :roll: