Dammit! Cutlass fender got crunched. Fender Q's? PICS!

GnatGoSplat

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GnatGoSplat

• 5speedz34

• cutlsp

• GP1138

:shock: DAMN...that really does suck man :( ...on the brightside...it doesnt look TOOOO bad...looks like a fender & marker light will fix it up....

damn...i thought it was an april fools joke too :oops:

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That... THAT SUCKS SHIT!!! Man, just dont let it rust... :roll:

Wow, that sucks, u have one nice car, the wooshing noise is probably ur massive vaccum leak from the vacuum canister falling off,. better get that fixed

He didn't hardly say anything. He got out, took a look, and said, "I guess we ought to exchange information". He got back into his truck while I took the pics, then I popped the hood to see if there was any frame damage. Then he opened the passenger side door of his truck and said, "You can get in and get out of the rain if you'd like". So he wrote down my info on a little piece of notepaper and I took down his. That was pretty much it. He seemed pretty irritated.

I'll probably pocket the money and try to fix as much as I can myself. That way hopefully I'll have enough left over to get the bumpers repainted.

not too bad, sucks none the less.

at least it wasen't a rear quater and is just something completely replaceable like a fender.

if you don't really care you can just plug off the vaccum line for the vaccum ball. you don't really need it anyhow. hell my car hasen't had one since i bought the thing.

I'm pretty OCD about things being done exactly right, so I'll probably fix as much as I can by myself. Everything I've ever paid to have done, I've NEVER been 100% completely satisfied. I always find something wrong or something that bothers me.

You have a good vacuum ball? How much?

Alright, I'll let you know. If I can get it locally, it'd save on shipping.

I called my insurance to report it, and the claims agent got me a claim # from the other guy's insurance. He hadn't even reported it yet.

Looks like things are coming along though.

just saw the pictures...

shawn i know it sucks beause your cutty is so damn nice, but with some tlc she'll look just as good as before. Good luck with that. :wink:

The adjuster came and looked at the car today. The estimate came out to $915.08 with all junkyard parts. Is there any way to get them to pay for brand new parts, or does their little disclaimer make this practice okay: "ALLSTATE WILL SPECIFY THE USE OF ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURER PARTS, EITHER NEW OR RECYCLED AT ALLSTATE'S OPTION".

I would rather get paid for new parts! :lol: Then again, maybe they had to specify junkyard parts in order to not total it out!

i think you're pretty much stuck with whatever they decide...in fact, are there even any NEW parts available for your car!?...i'm thinkin they will only go back so many years with new parts...besides, if they put new parts in the estimate, it'd prolly get totalled out (like you said)...

Yep, paint is almost half the cost of parts and labor is $416!

I guess I should be happy with this estimate?

I haven't taken it anywhere else for an estimate, but I feel like I could definitely fix it myself for under $900.

Sorry your fender got hit. What a shame; your car is in such nice shape. I agree with you about having the factory paint - next to impossible to get the same results.

I'm pretty OCD about things being done exactly right, so I'll probably fix as much as I can by myself. Everything I've ever paid to have done, I've NEVER been 100% completely satisfied. I always find something wrong or something that bothers me.

That's been my experience also.

Shawn, I bet you can find a junkyard fender in your color...

Even though it's a long shot, that's what I was going to suggest. It might be worth a try.

Nope, still waiting for the insurance company to call me and let me know what they're going to do. I'll give them tomorrow and if I don't hear from them then I'll call on Tuesday.

I wish I could get a fender the same color, but doubtful.

I've never seen a Cutlass this color in the JY. Even if it were the same color, that would just save me from having the inside painted. I'm pretty sure the outside would need to be blended to compensate for different rates of fade, etc.

As soon as I get the cash, I'm going part hunting and crossing my fingers for finding a fender the same color.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh now I'm flaming mad. :evil:

My insurance just called and told me the other guy's insurance is only accepting 70% blame, saying I owe 30% due to "inattention". Oh, so I'm supposed to be psychic and just KNOW that he's going to back out of a space just as soon as he pulled into it? WTF!!! My insurance took my statement and she said they easily should have accepted 100% blame and they'll reject the 30% ruling, but it won't do me any good since I don't have full coverage. I called the other guy's insurance to speak to the claim handler, she's damn lucky it went to voicemail because I'm so pissed right now my stomach is killing me!

Whenever there's some bureaucratic process involved, I ALWAYS GET SCREWED!!!

You have my sympathies.....

Thats is truly fucked up....

Just to get this right.... You park your car ... go into a store.... comeback out to a mangled fender, and YOUR respocible for 30% of the cost...

I would be talking to peoples boss's :guns: