finally getting somewhere on the j/y Turbo STE....

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

well today i went back to the salvage yard that has the Turbo STE. they gave me the whole background info on the car, the name of the owner, where he works, etc. i took a good look at it and i'm confident that with a day of cleaning that i can get the car back in good shape. so, i went to the courthouse with the VIN # and got the name of the person the car is registered to, along with the name of the bank that has the lean on the title. apparantly the owner defaulted on his car loan when the turbo took a crap (turbo is gone). then he moved away and the car was towed to the salvage yard as an abandoned vehicle. i went back to the salvage yard and gave them the bank info. they told me to come back tomarrow and hopefully they will have the title coming to them. obviously the bank isn't going to want the car since it is pretty rough, filthy interior, no turbo, etc. they would also have to pay the salvage yard for about 5 months of storage fees. HOPEFULLY next week i can aquire this Turbo STE. they already told me that it would have a CLEAN title, but i have no idea what they will want for it. it should be under $500. the body is great, no rust or dents, but bad paint (big chunks falling off). the interior needs a major cleaning, new carpet, and headliner. the rear passenger side door window is gone. the engine was really dirty, turbo was gone but otherwise complete. i have only seen the trunk thru the rear seat opening but it looked clean. has sunroof, no cd, cloth, no HUD (i have a GP HUD/dashpad for it already tho) wish me luck! :)

joshua

sorry this was sorta long but i'm pretty excited about this car!

Yeah, good luck, hope you get it and cheap. Your doing the GPT enthusiasts a favor saving this one, enjoy. I got my 1st TGP at a good price when the person making payments on it to the lean holder abandoned it to the transmission shop because the price of the rebuilt trans was $1600. I got the car for $3000. That person that abandoned it had paid about $11000 for it just a year and a half earlier ! I found the lean papers in the glove box. The lean holder didn't want the car mainly because it was so dirty in and out. Get out the elbow grease.