RenegadeZ

Which has more balls (specify years)  

1. 1. Which has more balls (specify years)

SS montes are considerably slower than GTP's, i dont know why, but u look at there times, Monte SS - high 15's, and the GTP's mid 14's

Tehy can't be that much slower. It would have to be because of weight or wheels. The SS's have the same gear ratios and powertrains. I bet the Monte SS runs about a high 14.

You also are probably looking at the N/A Monte SS times, the supercharged SS runs a lot faster.

Yes you can, it is a terrible setup. There is not one advantage to that blower over a Whipple, except for a couple hundred bucks. The heads are so outdated it isn't even funny, and they flow like shit, even after a stage III port and polish, the gearing SUCKS, etc. It is not a decent setup. In fact, I'm amazed that blower adds any power at all.

The point is that the heads are PROVEN. That entire engine has proven to be a workhorse many times over. The 3800 platform has. Why break what doesn't need fixing? If GM wants to make money, they're going to go with what works, and as cheaply as possible, and that's exactly what the GTP is, a cheap blower tossed on a proven workhorse engine.

Yes, but it is not a good setup for high horsepower

Apparently it is, or it can be made to be, since there are plenty of mad fast modded GTP's out there.

:werd:

yep yep

one thing i agree with is the blower, a whipple would pwn, but the engine itself is awesome. Buick did an awesome job with this engine.

That is why 3100 heads flow almost as much as the 3800 ones do :roll:

:roll: Get over it. We know you're a 3.4 purist. Get used to the fact that some people like the 3800, no matter what it's perceived downfalls.

I'm inclined to believe those who actually own a 3800 over you, anyway, just because of your outspoken disposition against them.

another L67 vs. LQ1 thread, well i would stick up for the LQ1, because i absolutely love it, but knowing johns car from seeing it in person and so on, i can't bash it. its just a realiable, quick car.

another L67 vs. LQ1 thread, well i would stick up for the LQ1, because i absolutely love it, but knowing johns car from seeing it in person and so on, i can't bash it. its just a realiable, quick car.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Although there are a lot of GTP's out there, there are also a lot of Monte Carlo SS'(not the supercharged version..but still). For example, I was in town the other day and saw one GTP(city of about 150,000 population) and saw about 15 Monte Carlo SS', seriously. A handful of those were the supercharged version/04+. The supercharged Monte's run around mid-high 14's, same as the GTP's...some are quicker, some are slower.

I would add more..but I'll refrain from the petty motor argument at this point. :)

Around here for the most part u cant spit without hitting a granp prix, for instance on my street there are 3-4 GTPS & 1 Monte which happens to be the Jeff Gordon ed. I see the monte's here also but not nearly as much as the prix. Also for looks the monte is more versatile if u ask me, when it comes to rims mostly because of the design of the exterior you have more options that wont trash the look of the car.

Off subject, the other day I was watching a DVD called "eastcoast riders", its based in florida but I saw an 02 or such Monte on there sittin on like 22's, It was terrible.

Are you looking for an 05? If you are, and if I were you, assuming I could get a better deal on a Monte SS than a Comp G, Id go for a Sport red metallic with silver gfx or a Sport grey Monte SS. I was looking at a few back in January, but Im settling on an 01-02 Redfire or 40th GTP, the money I save buy buying this will go to Zeta in 2 years. :)

oh, the new 04-05 Comp G looks awsome, in black, (just to hide that horrid black bar in the back) but overall therebeautiful cars, id get one of those over a monte's outdated style, i love the new 06 montes that are coming out though

I wouldnt say the styles are outdated, you know they take about 5-6 years before they change the styling of a vehicle. I'm not looking for a brand new SS it would be kind of stressful going to school full time & paying for a whip. I am going to go with a fx kit & more than likely get it black or (paint it). I feel like jessica simpson right here but whats a Redfire & a Zeta? Its been a while cut me some slack.