RedZMonte

If i have the 10.5" or 11.1" front rotors on my monte? they switched in mid '95. My car has the F41 suspention package which gave me the stock larger swaybars and whatnot. the F41 was also switched in mid '95 on the Z34's. is it safe to assume that i got the big brakes along with the suspention package?

if so i am going to order the EBC pads and rotors. get the Monte brakes all fixed up then i can reuse my existing rotors (in great shape) on my lumina when i do the big brake upgrade on it.

RedZ

I'm not positive if you can see this with the wheel still on the car, but there will be a ridge on the front of the rotor towards the center of the rotor if you've got the larger brakes. This ridge protrudes from the rotor surface and it's about 1/4 inch wide, and about 3/16 tall. If your rotor is basically flat on the front, and has no protruding ridge toward the center, it's the smaller brakes. Or you could measure.

Jason

I'm not positive if you can see this with the wheel still on the car, but there will be a ridge on the front of the rotor towards the center of the rotor if you've got the larger brakes. This ridge protrudes from the rotor surface and it's about 1/4 inch wide, and about 3/16 tall. If your rotor is basically flat on the front, and has no protruding ridge toward the center, it's the smaller brakes. Or you could measure.

Jason

I don have a ridge. they are the stock rotors. but i did also check at advanced auto parts to compare the distance from the edge of the hub offset to the edge of the rotor and the aftermarket ones did not have the ridge.. i think they are the big ones. :)

RedZ

Jason is right about the ridge. I have a set of 11.25" front rotors and they have the ridge, I believe there's also writing on the ridge.

If they are GM rotors, they will have the ridge if they're the bigger ones.

I thought all Monte's have the bigger rotors though.

Jason is right about the ridge. I have a set of 11.25" front rotors and they have the ridge, I believe there's also writing on the ridge.

If they are GM rotors, they will have the ridge if they're the bigger ones.

I thought all Monte's have the bigger rotors though.

early 1995's had the samller rotors, every where list 2 sizes for the 1995 (tirerack.com, advance auto parts, dealer, ect..)

RedZ