coryatver

Around December my car started having a problem. It accelerates fine and shifts through all the gears. But then when I am cruising and giving it a little throttle especially while giving it a little throttle up a slight hill the transmission will slip or at least that is what it feels like. I just let off of the gas and get back on it and it works fine for a little while and starts slipping again. I had the transmission fluid and filter changed and it still does it. I have been driving it like this for a while waiting for the tranny to go but its been hanging in there and shifts fine so I think it could be something else?

Anyway recently my car started idling really rough like the motor was missing and I can smell a raw gas smell coming from the hood vents then I ran out of gas 150 miles before I normally would. I checked to see if it is leaking but everywhere i park I pull away and there is no gas on the ground so I don't think it is leaking gas. I checked to make sure it was running on all the cylinders and it is and I put in new spark plugs about 6,000 miles ago. Any Ideas?

Have you checked the O2 sensor? I know that bad gas mileage can be a pretty big symptom of a bad O2 sensor. The strange "jerking" while heading up hill (around the 40-50mph area) seems to be partially normal for GM cars and partially (if it's very pronounced) the O2 sensor. I don't know about the raw gas smell though. Are the fuel injectors dry? (not leaking gas around the seal)