5 speed TGP 1/4 mile times

skalor

Alright, I went to the track last night to see how my 5 speed conversion would fair. I just need to say this before I post my times...it was an aweful night for racing. It was 100% humidy and it rained shortly before I got there, but they were still open so I figures I drove there so I may as well race. The track it self was dry, but the staging lanes were not so it was like one big water pit. It was also pretty hot out too, I would say around 85 but it felt hotter because the humidity was so high. Most of my friends were running really slow. My friend with a SR20DET powered '91 sentra se-r was only running a 13.6 on slicks which he usually does on street tires!!! Alright on to the times. I ran 5 times and I ran pretty consistent...consistently bad. :roll:

1st run 2.402 15.215 93.19

2nd run 2.412 15.193 93.63

3rd run 2.394 15.254 93.75

4th run 2.468 15.145 91.37

5h run 2.500 15.346 91.06

The 4th run was my best time of the night. Notice how I trapped at 93 mph in the first three and 91 on the other two. I ran the first three right when I got there, and I let the car sit for about 30 mins and then made the other two. Also, I disconnectly my A/C compressor when I got there so I could run the fans in the staging lanes. I ran 160* exactly on every run. I'm going to go back on a drier/cooler night and I think with more practice launching I can get back down in the 14s.

If you can keep a 93mph trap and match it to a 2.1-2.2 60ft time (should be very doable with some practice and decent tires), I think you could see 14.6-14.7 without too many problems.........

You re going to need a decently prepped track to put the power down (and achieve those 60ft's) though.

What mods are on the SE-R BTW? Stock boost? Any extra's (outside of downpipe and exhaust)? Just curious...........

Yeah, I ran a 14.6 @95 w/ a 2.1 60' when it was auto, but I need to totally relearn my launch so I knew I wouldn't do good and the track conditions weren't good either.

My friends sentra is a U-13 DET with S-AFC on the stock DE computer with a full 3" exhaust, S3 cams, AL flywheel(forgot the brand), Forge FMIC, UR pulleys, and some kind of ACT clutch(heavy duty I think/already slips). I did most of the work on the car so all our friends refer to it as my car. He still runs stock boost(~7.5 psi) because his 370s are almost maxed out. He went crazy and ordered 72 lb injectors(too big in my opinion), fuel rail, and a Jim Wolf computer($$$) that we'll be putting in soon. I love going to the dragstrip with him because everyone laughs at him and then he usually beats them. We're looking for around a 12.7 on slicks after we put in the injectors/computer and run more boost. He ran a 13.6 @ 106 on street tires before so it proves how bad the track/weather was since he only ran the same on slicks when he had a 1.9 60'. :roll:

Alright, I went to the track last night to see how my 5 speed conversion would fair. I just need to say this before I post my times...it was an aweful night for racing. It was 100% humidy and it rained shortly before I got there, but they were still open so I figures I drove there so I may as well race. The track it self was dry, but the staging lanes were not so it was like one big water pit. It was also pretty hot out too, I would say around 85 but it felt hotter because the humidity was so high. Alright on to the times. I ran 5 times and I ran pretty consistent...consistently bad. :roll:

1st run 2.402 15.215 93.19

2nd run 2.412 15.193 93.63

3rd run 2.394 15.254 93.75

4th run 2.468 15.145 91.37

5h run 2.500 15.346 91.06

Yea that was some bad weather, humidity displacing the oxygen in the air and hot thin air too, probably running safe rich :lol: . I would have been so mad the track was a swamp, I would have done a show-off burn-out just to show them AND choke them on your smoke at the same time :lol:. Better luck next time!

Jeff M