DaveFromColorado

okay, so here's the issues...

I changed my brakes yesterday (not related to the problem) but I figured since I was working on the car, and I was told that one of the plugs was kinda fouled, that I'd may as well change the plugs and wires, so I pulled all the plugs and started my compression test, first hole was the drivers side front bank (6 I believe) 180, to make a long story short, in order, from 1 - 6 it goes: 150, 150, 90, 120, 180, 180. now the engine was running just fine before my plug change, but after the change, and cheking the ign. timing at least 10 times, she is missing on two cylinders, as in not burning anything at all, I know this because my catalytic converter was RED hot today after about 5 minutes of ideling and by the sound it was putting out. Also, when I start it, it sounds like a plug is trying to fire on the intake stroke, wants to move the motor backwards and kinda slows it down, as if I'd turned the "destrubutor" way too far back. I suspect a coil may be going bad, but I get good spark energy out of all the wires, and I know even with a cylinder going bad, it should still fire somewhat, even at 90psi (my lowest cylinder) but I'm totally stumped on this one, can anyone help?

thanks in advance -

--Dave.

figure I'll get the car to at least run as close to right as I can before I pull the motor for a rebuild.

... I figured out the issues with the motor, turns out one of the wires was on wrong, but I'm still gonna rebuild it. (damn compression tests)

--Dave

re do that compression test and make sure the area around the spark plugs is clean and that the throttle is open. it also matters how many times u crank the motor. did u try a wet compression test?

naw I didn't do a wet test, I was really pissed after that hole only got 90 in it, altho I am going to do a full leakdown test sometime next week

--Dave