coils??/cat converter??

maddux31

My car is having a problem under boost and at idle. Car feels like it is going to throw the tranny out on the road when it downshifts under hard acceleration. There seems to be a lot of vibration/shaking under acceleration (hard or normal). Boost is reading normal but does not feel normal/accelerate car very well. Downshifts are like a big thump. Idle is erratic--600 rpms to 800--kinda cycles between. Boost guage "flickers" when cruising and at idle--about every 15-20 seconds (goes from whatever it is reading to about an additional 2 pounds then right back). New parts include--crank sensor, knock sensor, lifters, camshaft, cam bearings, crank bearings, all gaskets, plugs, wires, engine rebuild, Jeff M crossover, o2 sensor. Car overheated 2 times, blew a head gasket. Tore motor down after 1,200 miles on rebuild, had heads checked for warpage, heads were fine (within 2/1000ths), repalaced all gaskets and reassembled. Threw a lot of snow on the motor on the interstate to try and cool it off and most of the snow melted down the front of the car. I'm sure the coils go soaked when doing this and also were surely very hot when I did this. Just wondering if I could have fried one of these. Started the car when all was wet to get it off the interstate. Also could I have melted some of the fibrous material in the cat converter with all the extra heat when it overheated, possibly plugging the cat converter?? TIA Dale Malcolm Omaha, NE.

Pull the cat converter and pit a pipe on, see if that helps. when ive had coilpacks blow, I dont have 1-2 cylinders firing at all, but I guess they could be just weak. It could be your cat converter gone bad, a lot of the time they will glow red when they get hot or you can smell rotten eggs out of the exhaust. If u have emissions, catco hi flow cats are $37 on ebay.

Good luck.

-Jeffu