PARTING OUT COMPLETE 1990 MCLAREN TURBO GRAND PRIX! READ!!!!

Jinxed

ok heres the deal everyone, i stumbled upon a 1990 Grand Prix Turbo today at the salvage yard, its been there less than 24 hrs and i left today 4 mins before close so it will still be the same if i get it in the morning. they want 600 for it with a salvaged title, so I know this is a rip off all things considered but on the slight chance i can help out other grand prix turbo owners and make my money back and extra for the time invested i will gauge interest and see what everyone thinks. Picture a complete car with a bad drivers side door, roof and windshield, then imagine the possibilities in parts as it is complete as of now. the bumpers look good, the engine runs and drives great. all the instrumentation works and all the badges. its 98 percent complete so i am asking anyone that needs anything to post what they want and how much they will pay for it, if i get enough response to this post i will buy the car tmo morn and begin partting it out, otherwise i will abandon the idea and let it rest. so its now or never, sorry for such short notice, either reply here or email me at ecko-logix@new.rr.com with what you want and what you will pay, first come first serve. i will try and reply but as of right now i am gauging intrest so your offers are all i can do to see if i want to invest into this car.

Please email me quickly and i will gauge in the next 12 hrs weather i will get it. most parts are in excellent shape including the hood. Thanks Everyone and I hope to get some good responses.

Erik

I doubt it will be worth your time effort and $600 to part it out. I parted one out and this is what I got. Also if the people want perfect parts. If they aren't, no matter what you say for the condition, you will have problems, or just not sell anything.

Front bumper cover repaird. Cost: Bumper: free, repair $285, Sold: $200, Loss $85. The underside wasn't fixed perfectly and this upset the buyer despite my description of such.

Rear bumper cover: Recently painted before accident, $250 with support. Slight tear in corner. Probably my best sale. no complaints.

Radiator core $100 shipped. Damaged in shipping.

Seat covers. $60. Not perfect, upset buyer

Intercooler, $60

Glass Headlights, One for $80, can't give away the rest.

Taillights, worthless

Foglights, worthless if they are not crystal clear with yellow insert

Powermaster core: Worthless

HUD and dash, not sold yet

Steering wheel, $50

Rest of interior, worthless. especially back seats.

Passenger door, maybe $150 sale in progress

Wheels???

I had someone ask about rear brakes but i didn't keep them because, well they are pretty much worthless.

Brand new used fuel pump, $50

Thats it for that car, other parts I've sold

Exhaust mainifolds and downpipe, $100

Oilpan and Upper intake, $100

Turbine housing $35

Transmissions either good TGP cores, or running used, worthless.

It also took some time to sell this stuff, and I threw away a lot of stuff too. Disposing of the car carcass can be difficult.

HUDs can get a decent price SOMETIMES. If its the right time of the year, month millenium? But they have to have all the parts and wiring for swapping into another car.

I didnt buy the tgp, after a closer look in better light i saw that the car had been rolled and there was alot more damage than i thought. the good news is the rear seats are gray and in good shape, the front seats are rough. this is one one of the cars with the gray interior, alot of people have asked for a 5speed, tgp cars to the best of my knowledge did not come with stick, this one is an auto. the louvers are in good shape and i removed them, the entire hood is what i have to pay for to get the louvers so i would have to charge for that. I removed and purchased the DIC, Seat Controls, The Cassette Player with lots of spaceage buttons, and a few other things, there isnt alot that i can take since i dont want the whole car, they want 150 for the turbo setup, 350 for the motor complete and a lot of other shit, it has the tgt intercooled turbo gauge cluster showing a little over 100K, front valance is missing, badges got fucked up in removal, if someone wants the louvers they are 100.00 unless they want to drive here and they can have the entire hood for 125.00 but i wont ship it. the louvers are complete with base but they will likely be gone by tmo if no one contacts me. there are misc parts on the car that are good its hard to remember, switches are all there, there is a hud but i didnt want to tackle it, rims were sold, bumpers are both in good shape faded paint but should be saveable. i have access to two sets of the rear seats both in gray, with consoles. if you are interested in any of the parts listed make offers, those fighting over the backseats start throwing out offers and keep in mind shipping will be pricy. email me at ecko-logix@new.rr.com or private message me here. Id prefer emails as i check them more often. thanks everyone.

Erik

allright ive been swapping and pulling parts the last couple days, here is what i have and what i can get.

(2) Steering Wheel Grand Prix Radio Controls (Very Good)

(1) Lumbar Setup Swtich (1990 TGP) in EXCELLENT CONDITION

(1) Pair of Complete Hood Louvers (1990 TGP) with ALL hardware, in VERY Good Condition (SET PRICE AT 100.00 HAD TO BUY THE HOOD)

(1) Driver Information Center In Good Condition (1990 TGP)

(1) Delco Loc Cassette Player w/ EQ and Lotsa Buttons (Very Good)

(1) Dual Climate Control Box (1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme Gold Series) in EXCELLENT CONDITION (RARE)

(1) DS Power Window Switch/Lock/Mirror (1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme Gold Series) Good Condition

(1) PS Power Window Switch/Lock/Mirror with TEMPERATURE CONTROL for the DUAL climate control (1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme)

(1) Double DIN Cassette Deck High End Series (1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme SL Gold Series) in EXCELLENT CONDITION

Here is What I Can Get (off the top of my head) most have the prices of what the yard wants for them

(1) Pair of Rear Bucket Seats, Light Gray In Color, Dirty Not Torn from 1990 TGP and center console -150.00 is what they want, best offer over that.

(1) Turbo Intercooler and Turbo setup complete, (NOT REALLY WORTH IT) the yard wants 175.00 and for me to remove it is 50.00 cuz it will be a bitch. Turbo still has blanket on it and has very lil play.

There 95 Cutlass Supreme SL Gold Series Has Complete Set Of Leather Seats in Very Good Condition, I do not know the price but i am gauging interest in them, they are dark/gray almost black in color.

The TGP has alot of parts that are saveable, but I have written enough here, if you have any interest in any of these parts EMAIL ME PLEASE at ecko-logix@new.rr.com before tommorrow afternoon because they will go on ebay then, I can provide pics if necessary if you reply to my email, I have done some special requests for some people allready, I accept Paypal and Money Orders, Shipping will be within 48 hrs of payment. Thank You For Your Time.

Erik

I'll give you 125 for turbo set up if you pull it.

Does that include the crossover?

KCP

(1) Turbo Intercooler and Turbo setup complete, (NOT REALLY WORTH IT) the yard wants 175.00 and for me to remove it is 50.00 cuz it will be a bitch. Turbo still has blanket on it and has very lil play.

Doesnt sound like I was clear enough in my last reply, its not really worth it because it would be 225.00 for the turbo plus shipping if someone wanted it and odds are its not worth that. As for the blanket im not too sure what they are worth, i guess its rare to still have one and its ok shape, i will see if i can get it but make me an offer in the meantime. thanks

Erik

I'll give you 125 for turbo set up if you pull it.

Does that include the crossover?

KCP

Did you mean you'll pay him $125 plus the cost of the turbo or $125 total?

Its worth the $225 hes askin, Jeff will give you $100 for the pipe, you can get 80 to 100 for the IC and $150 for the turbo plus the manifolds and downpipe are probably worth $125 all.

Yes chris I ment 125 for him to remove it and the 50 the yard wants.

I would like the crossover for a core to Jeff M when I order my new crossover. Less downtime. Plus I would like to have the extra stuff to toy with. Plus as chris stated it would be worth it if I wanted to sell it, most likley I would not.

KCP

If you were giving me 125 plus the cost of the turbo it would be 300.00 total plus shipping in which case i may consider pulling it assuming that you would be able to do 200.00 deposit so i have the money to purchase it from the yard (assuming its still there) and the rest 100+shipping upon photo verification of what i have. I will check tmo if the turbo is still complete and there, if you are interested email me @ ecko-logix@new.rr.com asap. thanks

Erik

What color is the outside of the car? I just had a minor wreck this weekend with my TGP and need the moldings from the passenger side. I'm not sure how they come off or if they even do. My car is black so it'd be nice if this one were too. I may also have bent the axle or subframe brace so i'll need them eventually to probably but i wouldn't ask someone to get them for me because they are gonna be a b***h to get also but door pannels would be nice. Its the part with the ridges in front of the door and behind the wheel and the part behind the door in front of the wheel. the part on the door is fine. also the side skirt is cracked up front. Any possibilities?

What color is the outside of the car? I just had a minor wreck this weekend with my TGP and need the moldings from the passenger side. I'm not sure how they come off or if they even do. My car is black so it'd be nice if this one were too. I may also have bent the axle or subframe brace so i'll need them eventually to probably but i wouldn't ask someone to get them for me because they are gonna be a b***h to get also but door pannels would be nice. Its the part with the ridges in front of the door and behind the wheel and the part behind the door in front of the wheel. the part on the door is fine. also the side skirt is cracked up front. Any possibilities?

The Color of the car is red, the color of the interior is gray, the door panels are ruined from the car rolling over, i may be able to get side skirts, your post is quite confusing, try rewriting what you want in an email to me with numbers and let me know what your willing to pay to make it worth the time, thanks

Erik

jinxed said:

1) Turbo Intercooler and Turbo setup complete, (NOT REALLY WORTH IT) the yard wants 175.00 and for me to remove it is 50.00 cuz it will be a bitch. Turbo still has blanket on it and has very lil play.

If I give you 125 plus the 50 the junk yard wanted thats 175. I am just wondering where the 300 came in plus shipping?

I was thinking I would pay you what the junk yard wanted to remove it themselves.

KCP

Oh, that sucks is a red/gray tgp.

Ty, I have a black tgp that I think I will be parting out. Its rough, but has all the body. Needed the motor for a better car. This one has a rough interior, and the body has some dings but should have what you need. I have a motor and tranny for it but they both need work.