New to some, hoping for a return

krenzy

Hi everyone. I'm not new to this site, but I haven't been on here in four or five years. I had a TGP (2 at different points in time), and considered myself pretty knowledgeable with these cars. I may have gotten a bit rusty.

I left the forum not by choice but by necessity; I became very ill and had to sell of my TGP and pretty much anything I owned; we damn near lost the house. I sold a bunch of stuff to members and when I went into the hospital my family was cleaning out the house for the inevitable sale/foreclosure, and most of the stuff I had sold and collected money for was tossed without my knowledge, them thinking it was junk or just not necessary.

I have been so ashamed to come back after my medical issues have stabilized because I feel so guilty for what happened, and rightfully so. I want to formally apologize to EVERYONE I've wronged; I am so sorry, I will find a way to make things right, I promise you.

I don't have any idea of who bought what, but if you've bought something from me, please tell me what it was and how much you paid via PM. I can't make it all right immediately buy I will find a way in time. This really eats at me.

I recently had a terrible luck streak with my 96 Bonneville SSE; the fuel pump went out, then a month later the tranny went out. After saving up for a couple months I had it replaced with a used one, then 60 days later it went out. After having the car for 5 years, I felt it was an omen to move on. I began a search for an affordable replacement, and found a 98 Monte Carlo in my price range. So I guess I'm back to a W-Body lol. Reminds me of that line from "The Godfather Part 3": "Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!"

I'm hoping to meet some of the new faces and see some old friends again. This has always been a great place.

I just l67 swapped my 97 :)

3100. I would've liked to find a 3800 but I couldn't find one in my range. Very peppy! It had a squeak so I replaced the belt and it went right away.

Nice! After a TGP I'm kinda over modding, but I'm all for tuneups lol. I plan on changing the plugs and wires when I can, just so I know what's in there and when it was done. Any other tips I'm forgetting for what to do when you first buy a car?

Mebbe all fluids and filters. You should check out my car in the garage, mite give you the monte mod bug ;)

Nice! After a TGP I'm kinda over modding, but I'm all for tuneups lol. I plan on changing the plugs and wires when I can, just so I know what's in there and when it was done. Any other tips I'm forgetting for what to do when you first buy a car?

Welcome back!!! I remember you! I may not have been too active when you left because I had sold my Cutlass and my TGP, but I couldn't stay gone long. I've owned 6 Ws in the last as many years now :lol:

Well damn. Its been a LONG time since I saw your user name around here.

Glad things are looking better for you. Welcome back!

That's a crappy roll of the dice but it's good to hear you've re-gained your health, that's the only thing you can't eventually earn back. Probably only a few members here from when you were on last but there's a few OG's in here still.

Cully, You're the only actual example I've EVER seen of GM's catering strategy, thinking Monte owners would go straight to Camaros.

Just an observation

Cully, You're the only actual example I've EVER seen of GM's catering strategy, thinking Monte owners would go straight to Camaros.

Just an observation

haha... It just made sense

As modded as mine though? When i go to jys i pretty much have to get parts from evrything but a 97 monte ;)

Hey there's a few of us around here...even if we don't necessarily drove Montes anymore :P

Welcome back bud, I remember you! Sorry to hear about all your health issues, I hope things are turning around in that regard. Hell, I hope things turn around for you in every way too!