Door Moulding Clips

gp1991

Hi, I have a 91 Grand Prix GT with the BYP body cladding, I was backing out of the garage and hit a piece of wood that someone put there and snapped the piece off of my passenger side door. The cladding only lost a piece the size of a penny and did not break in half, it basically just pushed toward the front of the car breaking all of the clips in the process. My question is where can i buy new clips so i can not have a bunch of open holes in the side if my door. Thanks

is it possible to get the clips off if i went to the junkyard without breaking them in the process?

Hmmmm...........good question,

mine didn't all come off cleanly when they were removed 10 years ago, some had to be replaced,

here's a link to the various clips that hold on the cladding. Doesn't hurt to have the part #'s for little items like these , quite a few of the #'s in the pics are no longer listed.

http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=859127&ukey_make=1092&ukey_model=15778&modelYear=1991&ukey_category=22608&ukey_driveLine=8658&ukey_trimLevel=19508

http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=859049&ukey_make=1092&ukey_model=15778&modelYear=1991&ukey_category=22608&ukey_driveLine=8658&ukey_trimLevel=19508

Are the clips the same as they are on the Cutlasses? Someone on the board is parting out a couple of cars, you should post a picture of what they look like and see if he or anyone else can come up with some.

Not sure if these were the ones you were looking at, but car-pak might sell them. Always try to cross the number to OEM or one of the big clip suppliers ie Car-pak,disco automotive, auveco, alcoa.

-87-6362

-87-6363

Try the ground effects off a 95-99 monte for clips they pop loose easy and they look the same size :)

not too sure what they looked like because they really got broken up pretty bad, i am sure that there are two different kinds though.

not too sure what they looked like because they really got broken up pretty bad, i am sure that there are two different kinds though.

I pulled off a dozen of them clips today when I was in the boneyard. It was a 91 gt and had the same molding as yours. If you want them, just pay the mailing cost. can upload pics tomorrow if u would like.

I pulled off a dozen of them clips today when I was in the boneyard. It was a 91 gt and had the same molding as yours. If you want them, just pay the mailing cost. can upload pics tomorrow if u would like.

If you come across any more of the same for this particular cladding, I could use a few spares of the two front push clips that fit thru the pinholes at the front of the door on each side. You can see the drilled hole in the very front edge of the door when it is opened all the way. These are impossible to find here any more.

If you come across any more of the same for this particular cladding, I could use a few spares of the two front push clips that fit thru the pinholes at the front of the door on each side. You can see the drilled hole in the very front edge of the door when it is opened all the way. These are impossible to find here any more.

The drivers side was still attached also. I can pull them off the next time I go there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

That would be thanks, just let me know how to pay you for shipping i dont buy stuff online usually.