2007 Grand Prix Center Channel

runt

Hey guys.

So in the new GP I have the Monsoon system.

Here is my problem. After the system has been on for awhile the center channel gets fussy. I've also noticed that before the car is running if I just pull the door open there is a slight hissing noise that comes from this channel.

I'm thinking it's the POS monsoon amp that is in the trunk. Any thoughts before I try to source another Amp? If it would warm up out I'd pull the dash apart and look further but I don't want to end up breaking a dash panel with the cold.

TIA.

I bet the hissing noise when you open the door with the car off is caused by activity on the Class 2 databus, i.e., modules are "waking up." If the car is not running and you press the "recall" button on your radio to display the time, I bet the same thing happens.

I had a similar issue in a Class 2 setup but it persisted with different amplifiers, even different speakers. It wasn't a hissing sound in my car, but more like a hum. I never figured it out.

:think:

Yeah I guess a hiss isn't the best word. It's a very low static sound. VERY low. It is something I can live with, honestly.

But I think I'm going to pickup a new 3 1/2" speaker for the center channel and hope that it takes care of the noise when listening to the radio. I can't say I've ever blown a speaker before but it sure sounds like one.