PDR - Holy Crap!

BRZN

Since my last write-up, Michelle has passed her driver's test and has the car on the road. She's driving it back and forth to school, work and her boyfriends. She also understands the price of gas!

Yesterday I took her '94 GP to get the dents pulled out at a Paintless Dent Repair shop: Carisma in West Chester, PA. The car had the normal door dings, some hail damage on the hood and roof and a couple larger dents from what appeared to have been something dropped on it. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:

All Cleaned up and ready Wednesday evening:

post-6852-143689092745_thumb.jpg

The LR Quarter had three dents in it with missing paint. Looked like something was dropped on it. I'd put touch-up paint in the scratches and chip (six scratches, one chip). Once I got the car back home I wet sanded the paint and buffed:

post-6852-143689092754_thumb.jpg

He got out this larger dent in the hood along with all the hail damage:

post-6852-143689092764_thumb.jpg

I didn't bother with the minor hail damage in the roof. I didn't want to pay someone else to remove the headliner, the damage was pretty minor and the paint up there pretty thin, with some missing clear. I'll be pulling the headliner out myself soon enough as the material is pulling away, perhaps I'll take it back to him then.

A large ding in the drivers door as well as all the smaller ones gone:

post-6852-143689092775_thumb.jpg

He couldn't get this one out. The fender is double walled in this location and a tool couldn't reach it. He even tried to drill an access hole with no luck:

post-6852-143689092783_thumb.jpg

The large dent in the hood where I was told someone backed a pick-up into it couldn't be repaired with PDR. Looks like if I want the right fender and hood fixed. it'll be the old fashoned way:

post-6852-143689092787_thumb.jpg

Shop's future Guard Dog Dakota:

post-6852-143689092791_thumb.jpg

post-6852-14368909275_thumb.jpg

post-6852-143689092758_thumb.jpg

post-6852-14368909277_thumb.jpg

post-6852-143689092779_thumb.jpg

PDR is excellent. I've had it done on 3 of my vehicles. As long as the person doing it is knowledgeable, it will come out great all of the time.

Her GP is in great shape. Love that color!

I'm curious how did this run you?

$370 +6% PA sales tax. They charge per panel and not per dent: I think $95/panel and $200 for the hood. He cut me a break because I had my wifes car in earlier that day to have a few pulled from her car and to do an insurance repair to the windshield. The windshield chip turned into a crack which will now cost me my $100 deductable rather than nothing for the repair. He felt bad that it broke and treated me more than fair.

Hard at work on the wifes car:

post-6852-143689092795_thumb.jpg

That's about what it is here too.

When I was working at the Pontiac dealer in the body shop I got to know the dent puller real well, he did my cars for $100 / car, but it was cash money so it worked out well for the both of us.

$10/dent? Wifes car had five dents pulled and took 3 hours: About a half hour wasted on the windshield but the rest on the dents. Two took quite a bit of time while the other three were fixed quickly. I paid $265 on her car. At $10/dent someone wouldn't be in business too long.

I had PDR on my 98 and it worked great!

I had 2 or 3 dents repaired and the only one he couldn't fix completely was an outtie that someone managed to do via massive door-flying havoc. bastards.

car looks great. when i came in this thread i was thinking "i wonder how much this cost as i need some dents removed". then it dawned on me that i actually have a car with out a dent for once, and dont need this lmao