1988 Indianapolis 500 Cutlass Supreme PACE CAR Tribute!

1988PhantomFE3

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1988PhantomFE3

• ManicMechanic

• j_mezz

• 94 olds vert

• 1 month later...
When LUKE takes PICS off an OLD OLD post, can they still be accessed by him somewhere?

Probably not. He's not going through removing them one-by-one or anything. He's just using some tool on the forum to delete them from a certain date or prior to free up space most likely.

• 1 month later...

Jay, have you ever heard of the Challenger Wrecker MFG,, OFFICIAL Recovery VEHICLE ?

I never bid on the Jacket you got, but I have one from the 1988 INDY 500 that has the above info embroidered on it.

Just wondering if you got an info? I'll get a new Camera and post a PIC if you never seen it before, you probably have...

Edited by 1988PhantomFE3

I need everyones help here please... If you look at the hood in this PIC, there are a set of center scoops I have never noticed until now. Big Question, "What are they and where did they come from?"

This is a photo from C&C who built the Pace Cars for GM in 1988. The cars donated to C&C were some of the very first prototypes, well before the Model Change went into Full Production.

Even if you do not know exactly what they are, or where they came from, I am still hoping for everyone's best guess!:thumbsup:

post-5754-14368915006_thumb.jpg

Jay, have you ever heard of the Challenger Wrecker MFG,, OFFICIAL Recovery VEHICLE ?

I never bid on the Jacket you got, but I have one from the 1988 INDY 500 that has the above info embroidered on it.

Just wondering if you got an info? I'll get a new Camera and post a PIC if you never seen it before, you probably have...

If I don't know, I'll ask Lee93.

I need everyones help here please... If you look at the hood in this PIC, there are a set of center scoops I have never noticed until now. Big Question, "What are they and where did they come from?"

This is a photo from C&C who built the Pace Cars for GM in 1988. The cars donated to C&C were some of the very first prototypes, well before the Model Change went into Full Production.

Even if you do not know exactly what they are, or where they came from, I am still hoping for everyone's best guess!:thumbsup:

Maybe Sunbird Turbo. I know the convertible top switch came from a Sunbird.

• 3 weeks later...
post-5754-143689152634_thumb.jpgJay, I got these center louvers coming from the other side of the state. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I like this set up fpr the hood, better than the Datona Turbo Vent...for now....lol