New here - first post

BSMet94

Hi,

Just joined. I have an '02 Grand Prix GTP and this Saturday's project is to replace both the front hub assemblies (they're making noise, and the speed sensor on the driver's side is shorting out causing erratic and annoying behavior of the ABS and Trac systems). Anyway, I was just Googling around to compare the available hub assemblies before I buy, basically confirming my initial inclination to get the Timken units. In my Googling for hub ass'y info, I came across this site. Glad I did!

So, as long as my RockAuto package arrives as expected and I remember to stop and pick up the 35mm socket, I'll be out in the driveway with my torque wrench having fun this weekend.

Cheers,

Eric

Thanks for the welcome. I haven't made any modifications to the GTP, only maintenance, and for the last several years I've been doing as much of that myself as I can, because it's been at the point where a lot of mechanical maintenance items are approaching the value of the car if I have them done at a shop. Last one was a combination of MAF sensor and stuck open thermostat, both of which were giving me the check engine light. I had to laugh... the MAF sensor cost 10 times what the thermostat cost, but took 1/10 the time to replace. That t-stat is hard to get at!

Eric

welcome to the forum....wheel hubs on these cars are pretty easy to do, but you definitely made a good choice is the brand you chose.

like others have said, get up some pics!!