Andre's dream: 1993 Regal GSX

jimmyfloyd

Andre, here's some inspiration.

Ok, so I went to a car show this weekend with my father. As I was getting ready to leave I saw a car come in that I wanted to check out. while I waited for them to park, I ended up standing next to this car. After looking over my shoulder and doing a double take trying to figure out who would enter a 1993 regal into a car show, I went ot look it over.

Details:

1993 Regal GS 2 door

AQ9 bucket leather seats with rear buckets

Series 2 L67

Getrag 284

Grand prix console with DIC

Grand prix crosslaces painted black

Z34 hood vents

GSX badge on the front.

This is what I would want to do if I could build my own (minus the boost gauge and the stuff on the DIC.)

0528011330c.jpg

0528011331d.jpg

0528011330a.jpg

0528011331a.jpg

0528011331.jpg

0528011330b.jpg

0528011331b.jpg

0528011330d.jpg

Edited by jimmyfloyd

Very nice. Yeah I actually messaged the guy a few times. Very nice car indeed. His is much, much cleaner than mine though. Mine is showing signs of use after a long time. Paint chips here and there, the engine bay isn't anywhere near as clean, and more that I don't care to go into right now. I've gone from "keep this car looking as great as possible" to "keep this car running great for as long as possible."

One thing he doesn't have me beat in is the sound system, and of course, the suspension. Only a handful of people on this board have a setup that corners as well or better than mine. :D

I have to agree there. And his is showing signs of age as well, but they just don't show up in pictures. Some rust bubbles here, some broken trim there, some screws holding these on, but it is still a sharp looking car. I PMed him to see where exactly he is from and to see about meeting up

• 10 months later...

Hey superdan33, i always wondered why you removed the strut to core support braces? Do they not clear the coolant tank and intake pipe?

Sweet car btw! Im lovin the whole setup and appearance. Not a fan of the woodgrain interior, but nice overall :):dance:

Hey superdan33, i always wondered why you removed the strut to core support braces? Do they not clear the coolant tank and intake pipe?

Sweet car btw! Im lovin the whole setup and appearance. Not a fan of the woodgrain interior, but nice overall :):dance:

Actually, if the car had a 3800 in 91-93 (at least, maybe 94-95-96 as well) it did not have those braces... They should be added in to make the car more rigid, though... :thumb:

Hi base93, my car didn't come with the supports originally, I see your from Arizona... any rust free 88 - 93 buick regal 2 doors around? My chassis is getting VERY rusty! Looking for a rust free shell to transfer all my stuff into. Long way from NY but if it was cheap;) I might come out for it the summer. Thanks, wood grain is a buick thing:lol:

Actually, if the car had a 3800 in 91-93 (at least, maybe 94-95-96 as well) it did not have those braces... They should be added in to make the car more rigid, though... :thumb:

Really...

1991 sedan

14338172_7X.JPG

1996 sedan

10394952_7X.JPG

For some reason, 1992-95s did not seem to get them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

this is the best regal setup i have seen as far as modding for that particular body.i love that generation of 2 door regal.i have had 4 now and im about to snag my friends 94 which the underbody looks like it just rolled out the showroom,and this is a mn car not driven in winter much:)..500.00 ftw.now i just need to figure out how to get an l67 in there with the hd trans from a gtp.

this is the best regal setup i have seen as far as modding for that particular body.i love that generation of 2 door regal.i have had 4 now and im about to snag my friends 94 which the underbody looks like it just rolled out the showroom,and this is a mn car not driven in winter much:)..500.00 ftw.now i just need to figure out how to get an l67 in there with the hd trans from a gtp.

With difficulty.

Calculate your costs in a worst case scenario, then double it. That's what the project will cost you. Double the expected time as well.

I would recommend a non-hd trans and a HD differential. That way, you get 3.29 gearing. I call it "haul ass" gearing. Don't get a 2003+ trans.

Axles will have to be custom made with OEM parts due to the HD diff, and if you want headers, prepare to butcher the firewall.

Makes for a fun car. Get the widest tires you can find because you'll have trouble keeping the power to the ground. With 245 wide Firestone G019 Grids, I can't keep traction in first at WOT.

Gas mileage will average around 19mpg city/highway. I don't recommend an L67 swapped 1st gen as a daily driver.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

indeed sir i figure it will cost more than just buying another car,but i really have wanted to do this for probly 6-7 years im good on the mechanical side and have a friend or 2 in the electrical department that will hopefully help like they said lol.probly wont start till fall as im getting the donor car in a few days.and as far as axels are you saying ill need custom ones if i do get the hd trans or ill new custom axels no matter what?i was just gonna go with a 3"dp and ported rear manifold.i know i would not drive it daily,but i would drive it alot in the summer.i have a 97 riviera as my daily.if i may inquire,what did you end up spending on your swap?

edit:okay i think i see now i will need custom axels no matter what.and for trans are you saying use the 4t60-e thats already in the regal with the hd diff from a 4t65-e hd?or use a standard 4t65-e with a hd diff from the hd trans?

Edited by 9RegalGS2

You can either make your hybrid axles, or call Milzy Motorsports. He can sell you any parts you can't find or don't want to take time to get/mod.

ah i see.thanks much sir,im really excited to start on it,i know when i actually do i will be cursing and whatnot,but i have a passion for these regals and with the drivetrain upgrade im looking forward to having a pretty cool machine and xtreme.-im crap with transmission and there terminology,but what would i need off the regal im getting,what do i take off that transmission to add to a non hd transmission later?