W-body Body swap?

GtpKo

I've searched, couldn't really find anything so I thought I would throw this out there.

My '00 GTP has major rocker panel rust goin on, I found an awesome deal on an '02 Regal with NO RUST. I really like the look of a GP much better. Which got me thinking...

How hard would it be to swap over a GP hood, 1/4 panel, bumper, headlights, and rear bumper over to the Regal so that it looks almost exactly like a GP? Is it more or less bolt off/bolt on?

I'm sure the trunk and taillights would have to stay, no prob tho.

im sure the front would swap fine but with fixed quarter panels you would have to leave the rear regal

imo that could be kinda cool though

ive always wants to do the opposite, get a 2 door GP and make it a Regal. From what i've read the front ends are almost interchangable with no problems, but you would litteraly have to completly switch the rear clips. Its very possibly, but in your case i wouldnt do that.

My '00 GTP has major rocker panel rust goin on, I found an awesome deal on an '02 Regal with NO RUST. I really like the look of a GP much better. Which got me thinging...

if you really want a GP, keep looking until you find a GP.....

Regals are usually better taken care of IMO lol

I'll keep looking no rush. I think it would be kinda cool though, swap over the front end? Someone would see a GP coming up in their mirror, and then see a Regal as it passes by and be like W-T-F:think:

Dear God you've given me an idea! I want to take the front of my truck, the middle of my Lumina, and the rear of my HHR and I'd have one bad ass car/truck! :lol:

I've searched, couldn't really find anything so I thought I would throw this out there.

My '00 GTP has major rocker panel rust goin on, I found an awesome deal on an '02 Regal with NO RUST. I really like the look of a GP much better. Which got me thinking...

How hard would it be to swap over a GP hood, 1/4 panel, bumper, headlights, and rear bumper over to the Regal so that it looks almost exactly like a GP? Is it more or less bolt off/bolt on?

I'm sure the trunk and taillights would have to stay, no prob tho.

Listen very carefully:

You may remember the movie faceoff, if you don't what happens is Nicolas Cage is evil and what happens is the good guy portrayed by John Travolta catches him, but wants to infiltrate his terrorist group so he has his face surgically removed and replaced with that of Nicolas Cage . . . . .

Anyhow, I was thinking that you could do similar, have your face surgically removed and replaced with Ken's face.

Pros:

-Look like Mr. Bean.

-All problems solved.

-L67 BBQ

Cons:

-Swelling, pain, anti-rejection drugs, short term (potentially longer than a year) inability to move or feel face, and retarded look with jaw hanging low.

-Cost

I think that in this instance the pros far outweigh the cons.

Took me a good 5min to get that post lol.

Way more trouble than its worth? In this case, not really. Only because I found $5000 worth of Regal for $2000. Otherwise yes. I hope it doesnt get bought before I can save the cash :dance:

I personally would think a Regal would have been taken better care of than a GTP, beings that Buicks tend to have an older target audience.... While I know plenty of older people who do NOT take care of there cars, it just seems that typically they do.