Highest Mileage W-body with original engine/trans and lim's?

1979lee

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1979lee

• virtuetovice

• RobertISaar

• Z34guy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice! I'm probably around 140k on my GS, original trans/motor...but lim was replaced before me. My dad's 04 Impala LS got traded in with 187k on the original trans/motor/LIM gasket, and no signs of any of the 3 failing!

178k on the original Lim/Uim,,, swapped in the cheap Lim gaskets till 192k when the metal Lim was installed due to me cracking the Lim at the quick connect behind the thermostat.

192k on it now and running great !

Get some sort of tubing and get that intake into the fenderwell. You aren't doing yourself any favors with that cone hanging in the middle of the engine bay.

I can tell you from experience he is 100% right. Cone filter sounds great, but you'll just be sucking hot air - making your motor run even hotter and more importantly, leaner fuel mixtures.

as long as the IAT sensor is hooked up, it will be accounted for.

also, up to 204K on pretty much factory everything except alternator and waterpump on the MC.

as long as the IAT sensor is hooked up, it will be accounted for.

Sorry used the wrong terminology. Warmer air means less oxygen by volume, thus less fuel in the mixture to compensate. Not necessarily lean, but any MPG gain will be due to a decrease in power, rather than an increase in efficiency.