need help with Monte Carlo Conversion

LTZ

I am trying to figure out if the 2002 montecarlo front end-bumper hood fenders lights-can be swapped onto any of the w-body platforms. Like the j-bodys-cavalier sunfire-you can swap frontends on these no problem. I have a lumina LTZ-99 and I want to put a 2002 monte carlo front on it. does anyone know about this?

No. Not even considering the fact that the bolt holes wouldnt be in the same locations, the doors and the fenders wouldnt line up even if they were.

95-99 monte carlo/luminas share absolutely NO sheet metal with 2000-2005 monte carlos.

You can swap over the front end from a 5th Gen Monte (1.5gen W-body) onto your Lumina, but not a 00-05 no way anything would fit. Not without extreme modification, which would basically mean to custom fabricate your own front fascia.

Can you do it? Sure.

Is it easy? No.

Is it Cheap? No.

Is it a matter of just swapping panels? No.

Will you have to custom make and custom mount everything? Yes.

Will you have to modify and tweak most of the panels? Yes.

Will it most likely cost you 2 times (or more) what the car is worth? Highly likely.

Basically, it can be done if you don't mind dropping a huge amount of cash on it, or you have amazing body work skills, but it is not like the J-body swaps where they just bolt up.

And FYI, Swapping the 95-99 monte Z34 front end onto your 99 LTZ won't gain you anything except possibly a different color emblem, since they were the same

I pretty much figured the w-bodies didn't share quite the same characteristics as the j-bodied vehicles did....o well it was a cool idea...well in my mind. O and monte chick guess what a monte carlo was originally called by gm.....lumina coupe