94-6 power seat manual override?

white4d96

At my local Pick n Pull there is a CS vert with nice charcoal leather in it. I grabbed the passenger seat, but cannot get the driver's seat to move. I'm suspecting a failed switch but am not 100% sure. Either way I have basically a full set of spare rails so fixing it is a non-issue. What IS an issue is getting it out of the car. I am going to try bypassing the switch panel and jumping the motors from behind the switch. If that doesn't work though, is there a way to manually move these seats forward? I just need to get at the back 2 bolts...

Most pull a parts remove the batteries so you'll probably have to ask for one to install real quick but I have jumped a seat to make it move by attaching jumper cables to the wiring of the seat

I used a battery to try to jump the seat, but splicing it in on the body side of the seat plug did not let me move the seat like it had the last time I pulled a power seat. I didn't even get a peep from the motors which is why I thought it was the switch.

Edited by white4d96

Tried popping the back off the switch panel and directly jumping each combination of wires there, even ones that didn't make sense. Not a peep. So I guess unless I can figure out a way to manually override this thing I'll be looking for a different donor. Any way I can just take the covers off? There's a few other buckets I could transfer the covers to I think...

Here is what I usually do for the junkyards:

Get two female spade connectors, 24" of 10-14 gauge wire (I prefer 12, and you can cut this from any car harness in the yard you want). I then attach the wire to the connectors. These make it easier to put on a lot of the motor plugs. I then remove the plug from the motor under the seat, which can be tricky sometimes, and connect the two wires to it. I then take the battery pack of my Ryobi ONE 18V drill and touch the other end of the wires, which are stripped 1/2" to the left and right side contact on the battery. If it moves the wrong way, I switch them. If it doesn't move, then the motor is bad and I need to try and figure out how to remove the motor, or go about the task without moving it. Most cars, a box ended or ratcheting wrench will do the trick, although slower than a socket, but not sure if the w-body uses E-Star bolts or not.